'Next the treble?' - Oliseh hails Man City, Guardiola for winning FA Cup final v Man UtdPublished: June 03, 2023
Former Super Eagles head coach Sunday Oliseh has praised the coaching nous of Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola after his side beat city rivals Manchester United 2-1 to lift the 2022/2023 FA Cup at the Wembley Stadium on Saturday.
Manchester City scored twice through İlkay Gündoğan in both halves albeit Bruno Fernandes initially restored parity to cancel an early opener by the Premier League champions.
The FA Cup win means the club have won the competition seven times and are hoping to go for the treble in next Saturday's UEFA Champions League final.
Retired Nigeria international Oliseh, who went onto coaching after his illustrious playing career when he shone playing for clubs like Borussia Dortmund and Ajax Amsterdam in Germany and Netherlands respectively, watched the FA Cup showpiece and took to his Twitter handle to express his feelings about the City win.
"Congrats to Man. City as they confirm their "Total dominance" Of English football, "Oliseh, affectionately called the African Guardiola stated.
Oliseh wondered if the FA Cup was a sign of more laurels to come as City await Serie A giants and former champions Inter Milan in the UEFA Champions League final.
"I raise my hat to Guardiola; for continuously reinventing these top players, winning the FA Cup by applying non-stop, D 10 combined principles of defense & attack, with panache! Next, the Treble?"
City overcame 14-time champions Real Madrid to reach the final while Inter Milan were the better of two Milan sides, defeating AC Milan in the semifinals.
Photo Credit: mancity.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Nottingham Forest fullback joins Super Eagles walking wounded ahead of Saudi Arabia friendly
- A bridge too far: Boniface unsuccessful in attempt to match Helmes feat but helps Bayer set new record
- Put me on the bench: Akpom tells Ajax coach he's unhappy playing as a No. 10 or winger
- 'Wasn't even a foul' - Ex-Liverpool fullback claims Tottenham star Udogie didn't deserve to be booked
- 'If he leaves in 6 months he will regret' - Ex-Napoli striker criticises Osimhen for not celebrating his goals
- 'I don't follow history' - Southampton loanee Onuachu admits he had no idea he set a record
- Klopp questions red card shown to Jota for foul on Udogie; Tottenham defender should have been sent off too
- Players with the most flair in Chelsea squad: Chukwuemeka picks Madueke, two others
- 'You're playing against big players' - Tottenham left-back Udogie on his 1v1 duels with Saka and Salah
- History-maker: Southampton loanee Onuachu goes into the record book after third goal for Trabzonspor
- Football Betting
- Cakhia TV truc tiep
- Socolive TV truc tiep bong da
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football