U20 WC South Korea v Nigeria: Match preview, what to expect, key players, kickoff time and venuePublished: June 03, 2023
The Flying Eagles of Nigeria will square up against the Taegeuk Warriors of South Korea in the quarterfinals of the FIFA U-20 World Cup on Sunday evening.
Nigeria defeated the host and most successful nation in the competition, Argentina 2-0 in the round of 16 to advance to this stage.
South Korea on the other hand got the better of Ecuador 3-2 in a fascinating encounter.
Both teams have met in this competition on two occasions.
South Korea won when they first met in 2005 and Nigeria got their pound of flesh in 2013.
The Flying Eagles head into this game as a slight favourite having beaten two of the tournament's best teams in Argentina and Italy already in this competition.
What to expect
This should be an enjoyable encounter between two good attacking sides with 13 goals scored between them.
Ladan Bosso's boys should play more on the front foot than they did against Argentina where they had to sit in a low block and attack on the counter.
The South Koreans on the other hand are also expected to take the game to Nigeria in what promises to be an end-to-end game.
1. Abel Ogwuche (Nigeria): The young centre-back was imperious yet again as Nigeria kept a good attacking Argentine side at bay in the last match. Nigeria will need him to be at his best once against the young Asians
2. Daniel Daga (Nigeria): He has been the Flying Eagles' best player in this competition as his presence in the midfield has allowed Nigeria to be solid defensively. The young defensive midfielder must bring his A-game to the fore for Nigeria to advance to the semifinals.
3. Seung-Won Lee: He has the most goal contributions in the South Korean team with 1 goal and three assists. He will be coming up against a well-organized side and his side will need him to be at his creative best to get the better of Nigeria
4. Lee Young-jun: The South Korean number 9 has scored two goals in this competition which is more than any of his teammates and has also recorded one assist. He will be a threat to the Flying Eagles' defence.
Kickoff time and venue
The match will take place at the Estadio Único Madre de Ciudades and is expected to kick off at 1830 hours Nigerian time.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Iheanacho scores another penalty for table-topping Leicester; Montpellier's Adams at the double
- Super Eagles forwards Moses Simon, Terem Moffi crack Ligue 1 Team of the Month
- 'The love for the badge is unwavering'- Osimhen insists he's committed to Napoli amid Chelsea, Man Utd links
- Quick and direct winger signs new contract with Chelsea
- Nottingham Forest fullback joins Super Eagles walking wounded ahead of Saudi Arabia friendly
- A bridge too far: Boniface unsuccessful in attempt to match Helmes feat but helps Bayer set new record
- Put me on the bench: Akpom tells Ajax coach he's unhappy playing as a No. 10 or winger
- 'Wasn't even a foul' - Ex-Liverpool fullback claims Tottenham star Udogie didn't deserve to be booked
- 'If he leaves in 6 months he will regret' - Ex-Napoli striker criticises Osimhen for not celebrating his goals
- 'I don't follow history' - Southampton loanee Onuachu admits he had no idea he set a record
- Football Betting
- Cakhia TV truc tiep
- Socolive TV truc tiep bong da
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football