2023 Fifa U20 World Cup: Flying Eagles to face Italy in semifinals if they beat South KoreaPublished: June 04, 2023
The Flying Eagles will be having a rematch with arguably the tournament's standout team, Italy at the ongoing Fifa U20 World Cup in Argentina if they beat South Korea on Sunday evening.
An Italian U20 side inspired by Chelsea midfielder Cesare Casadei defeated Colombia 3-1 on Saturday to advance to the last four of the World Cup for the third successive tournament.
Casadei scored the opening goal with a header from a corner kick in the ninth minute, before assisting Tommaso Baldanzi to double the advantage in the 38th minute.
Francesco Esposito with a near post flick made it 3-0 just after the interval and Jhojan Torres scored what proved to be a consolation in the 49th minute.
In 2017, Italy won bronze, their highest ever finish in the Fifa U20 World Cup, and were the fourth best team in Poland two years later.
The Azzurrini will meet the winner of the clash between South Korea and Nigeria at the Estadio Único Diego Armando Maradona, La Plata on June 8th with kickoff scheduled for 2200 hours.
Italy suffered their only defeat in Argentina 2023 against the Flying Eagles on May 24 with Salim Fago Lawal and Jude Sunday getting on the scoresheet in the second half.
Brazil, who topped Group D, crashed out of the competition after a 3-2 loss to Israel despite taking the lead on two occasions through goals from Marcos Leonardo and Matheus Nascimento.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Nigerian exports: Ighalo, Nwakaeme, Fatai roll back the years; youngsters Adewunmi, Adeola, Odutayo strike & more
- Awoniyi namechecks Iheanacho as he explains why Liverpool move didn't work out
- Arsenal v Tottenham combined XI: Udogie among three Spurs players in defence
- Kolo Muani replacement: Eintracht Frankfurt interested in signing Tottenham-linked striker Gift Orban
- Blow for Crystal Palace as 2021 Super Eagles invitee suffers injury setback
- Chelsea winger Madueke ready to face Aston Villa after first omission from gameday squad in 12 matches
- Boniface, Ogbu join West Ham and Brighton stars, 7 others in Europa League Team of the Week
- Bad news for Peseiro ahead of friendly v Saudi Arabia after latest update on Porto LB Sanusi
- Warning for Saka ahead of North London derby as Udogie is named Tottenham Hotspur's fastest player
- The reason Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd could not scout Club Brugge super kid Nusa in UECL fixture
- Football Betting
- Cakhia TV truc tiep
- Socolive TV truc tiep bong da
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football