2023 Fifa U20 World Cup: Five observations from Flying Eagles 1-0 loss to South KoreaPublished: June 04, 2023
Nigeria's Flying Eagles on Sunday lost 1-0 to South Korea in the quarterfinals of the FIFA U-20 World Cup in Argentina.
All Nigeria Soccer takes a look at the observations from the game.
1. Early Korea dominance
The Asians had better control of the game early in the game with their more coordinated style and buildup play.
However, the Flying Eagles started to assert themselves midway through the first half.
2. Flying Eagles build up plays, passes
The Flying Eagles had good build up plays but they were also fond of retreating by passing backwards and sideways.
Conversely, the Koreans were forward thinking when they build from the back.
3. The Eagles right sided attacks
The Flying Eagles launched most of their attacks from the right side of attack more than the left side.
The Koreans found it extremely difficult to curtail the Nigerians form there.
4. Eagles missed Sarki
Pacy forward Haliru Sarki was not named in the matchday squad for the game against South Korea.
The Nigerian number 7 failed a fitness test ahead of the game and would have been a menace for the Koreans to deal with from the left side of attack.
5. Emmanuel was best sub
Umeh Emmanuel came off the bench in the second half with other teammates.
Ultimately, he proved to be the most lively Flying Eagles player from the substitutes bench.
Highlight of his hardworking display was when he was close to getting a late equaliser but the ball hit the side netting just before the full time whistle after 120 minutes of football.
Photo Credit: fifa.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Watch: 2023 Super Eagles invitee Gift Orban sent off for the first time in his pro career
- Sheffield Utd's Nigerian defender watches on from the bench as Newcastle make PL history
- 'Should have scored at least 25 goals' - Bayer star Boniface reacts after breaking 29yo Bundesliga record
- 'Ended up as the dominant player' - Tottenham coach has his say on duel between Udogie and Saka
- Super Eagles watch: Boniface matches Haaland's feat, Dessers nets winner for Rangers, Lookman back to form
- 'Just needs to calm down' - Pundit reckons Tottenham LB Udogie had a shaky first half performance v Arsenal
- 'Some even compare him to Napoli star Osimhen' - Danish media hails Arsenal U18 hat-trick hero Obi
- 'Imagine him alongside Caicedo' - Pundit wants Ugochukwu to partner Chelsea's history-making midfielder
- Tottenham legend Harry Kane puts Boniface in his place after historic display for Bayern Munich
- 'He is going to sign an important contract' - Fabrizio Romano on the future of Arsenal super kid Nwaneri
- Football Betting
- Cakhia TV truc tiep
- Socolive TV truc tiep bong da
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football