2023 AFCONQ: Adebayo Adeleye has to prove himself in the absence of suspended UzohoPublished: June 10, 2023
Hapoel Jerusalem goalkeeper, Adebayo Adeleye has been recalled to the Super Eagles team ahead of the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers game against Sierra Leone.
Adeleye got his first call-up to the national team in June last year when Nigeria faced Ecuador in a friendly game and has been named four more times in the Super Eagles' team since then.
However, despite being called up five times, he has yet to make is debut as Francis Uzoho has been preferred over him but he has the opportunity to change that against Sierra Leone as the latter is suspended for the encounter.
The 23-year-old was in good form for Hapoel Jerusalem in the Ligat ha'Al in the just-concluded season, keeping 8 clean sheets in 20 games.
He is a goalkeeper who is good with his reflexes, ball handling, claiming crosses and capable of playing the ball comfortably with his feet.
While there is no doubt that he has been good in the colours of Hapoel Jerusalem, he has to replicate the same with the Super Eagles.
The goalkeeping department has been one of the weaknesses of the Super Eagles in recent years and Adeleye has to show that he is capable of being the first-choice goalie.
A game will not be enough to convince that he is the solution to Nigeria's goalkeeping woes but a good outing against the Leone Stars will put him in a good place and convince Peseiro that he is good enough to rival Uzoho.
He will have to contend with Enyimba International goalie, Olorunleke Ojo and Rivers United Victor Sochima for the starting shirt for the game but being the most experienced, it is highly likely that he is given the nod.
Therefore, the Israeli-based goalie can't afford to let this big opportunity slip through his fingers.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Watch: 2023 Super Eagles invitee Gift Orban sent off for the first time in his pro career
- Sheffield Utd's Nigerian defender watches on from the bench as Newcastle make PL history
- 'Should have scored at least 25 goals' - Bayer star Boniface reacts after breaking 29yo Bundesliga record
- 'Ended up as the dominant player' - Tottenham coach has his say on duel between Udogie and Saka
- Super Eagles watch: Boniface matches Haaland's feat, Dessers nets winner for Rangers, Lookman back to form
- 'Just needs to calm down' - Pundit reckons Tottenham LB Udogie had a shaky first half performance v Arsenal
- 'Some even compare him to Napoli star Osimhen' - Danish media hails Arsenal U18 hat-trick hero Obi
- 'Imagine him alongside Caicedo' - Pundit wants Ugochukwu to partner Chelsea's history-making midfielder
- Tottenham legend Harry Kane puts Boniface in his place after historic display for Bayern Munich
- 'He is going to sign an important contract' - Fabrizio Romano on the future of Arsenal super kid Nwaneri
- Football Betting
- Cakhia TV truc tiep
- Socolive TV truc tiep bong da
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football