Ex-Juventus RB reckons Dessers is in the mould of Morelos who scored 124 goals for RangersPublished: June 12, 2023
Former Juventus right-back Sergio Porrini believes that Cyriel Dessers is in the same bracket as prolific Colombian striker Alfredo Morelos.
After six years of service to the Light Blues in which he scored 124 goals in 269 appearances, Morelos will be departing the Ibrox Stadium upon the expiry of his contract on June 30, 2023.
Rangers are working on a deal to bring in Cremonese striker Dessers to fill the void left by the Colombian, and have also been linked with a move for Atalanta-owned Dutch attacker Sam Lammers.
Last season, Dessers netted ten goals combined for Racing Genk and Cremonese, eleven less than his haul in 2021-2022.
A transfer fee of five million euros plus add-ons have been mooted for Dessers, and Porrini reckons that the money would be well spent if the deal goes through.
In quotes relayed by Daily Record, Porrini remarked: "He can score more than 20 goals, I'm sure of that
"Fifteen goals would be the first target but, if he starts well, I wouldn't be surprised to see him score more than 20. He's the sort of player the fans will love.
"He's at the right age, has good experience and won't be fazed about replacing a player like Morelos. He's played in a number of good leagues and scored goals. He'll be confident in his ability."
Overall, Dessers has mustered 111 goals in 280 appearances combined for seven different clubs since turning professional , namely Heracles Almelo, FC Utrecht, NAC Breda, KSC Lokeren, Genk, Feyenoord Rotterdam and Cremonese.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Shoretire battles Garnacho, Fernandes, 6 others for Manchester United Goal of the Month
- Iwobi's brilliant effort against favourite PL opponents nominated for Fulham Goal of the Month
- Victor Boniface: Juventus target Bundesliga star as possible replacement for Arsenal-linked striker Vlahovic
- Two teenagers of Nigerian descent promoted to Arsenal first team training pre-Wolves
- Dessers struggling to make an impact: Ex-Scotland star insists Rangers must sign a striker in January
- Blow to the jaw: Arsenal-owned goalkeeper Okonkwo to be assessed ahead of Wrexham v Yeovil Town
- Official: Chelsea confirm two talented midfielders have signed new deals
- Nottingham Forest's Goal of the Month award : Aina's first-time finish against Aston Villa nominated
- 101 Gunners goalscorers at the Emirates: Iwobi scored same number of goals as Arsenal legend Henry
- Watch: Gift Orban among four contenders for UEFA Europa Conference League Goal of the Week
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football