France star of African descent departs Chelsea, to earn N102b at new clubPublished: June 13, 2023
France midfielder of Malian descent, N'Golo Kanté is set to depart Chelsea for Saudi Arabian side, Al-Ittihad.
As confirmed by transfer Guru, Fabrizio Romano who wrote on his Twitter page on Tuesday morning, the final documents regarding the deal are being signed and the midfielder will earn at least 200 million euros (N102 billion) over the duration of his contract and the figures include image rights, commercial deals and ‘creative’ portfolio.
As revealed by Romano five days ago, Kanté has agreed a two-year deal with an option to extend for a further season with Al-Ittihad.
The France International joined Chelsea from Leicester City in 2016 and has enjoyed a fruitful stay at Stamford Bridge.
He won the Premier League, UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League, UEFA Super Cup, FIFA Club World Cup and FA Cup as a Chelsea player.
The 32-year-old has made 269 appearances in all competitions for the Blues, registering thirteen goals and sixteen assists.
Kanté was born to Malian parents and was approached by the Malian Football Federation on two occasions to represent the country but declined.
He was a key member of the France squad that won the Fifa World Cup in 2018.
Photo Credit : chelseafc.com
- Shoretire battles Garnacho, Fernandes, 6 others for Manchester United Goal of the Month
- Iwobi's brilliant effort against favourite PL opponents nominated for Fulham Goal of the Month
- Victor Boniface: Juventus target Bundesliga star as possible replacement for Arsenal-linked striker Vlahovic
- Two teenagers of Nigerian descent promoted to Arsenal first team training pre-Wolves
- Dessers struggling to make an impact: Ex-Scotland star insists Rangers must sign a striker in January
- Blow to the jaw: Arsenal-owned goalkeeper Okonkwo to be assessed ahead of Wrexham v Yeovil Town
- Official: Chelsea confirm two talented midfielders have signed new deals
- Nottingham Forest's Goal of the Month award : Aina's first-time finish against Aston Villa nominated
- 101 Gunners goalscorers at the Emirates: Iwobi scored same number of goals as Arsenal legend Henry
- Watch: Gift Orban among four contenders for UEFA Europa Conference League Goal of the Week
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football