Nigeria-eligible defender joins Peterborough United, subject to passing a medicalPublished: June 13, 2023
EFL League One club Peterborough United are reportedly closing in on the signing of Nigeria-eligible defender Josh Emmanuel.
Football Insider is reporting that Peterborough United have agreed a deal to sign Josh Emmanuel on a free transfer, and the player underwent a medical on Monday, June 12th.
He will become a player of The Posh with effect from July 1, 2023, provided he passes his medical with flying colours.
Emmanuel is set to join Peterborough United on a free transfer upon the expiry of his contract at Grimsby Town at the end of this month.
A product of the West Ham United academy, the London-born right-back joined Peterborough United on a short-term contract until the end of the season in the January transfer window, and went on to appear in eighteen matches across all competitions.
He was in the Peterborough United side that caused a sensation by beating Southampton to advance to the quarterfinals of the Emirates FA Cup.
Emmanuel has made a century of appearances in the League One for four different clubs namely Rotherham United, Shrewsbury Town, Bolton Wanderers and Hull City.
Apart from the aforementioned clubs, he has represented Ipswich Town and Crawley Town in the past.
Photo Credit: Instagram
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- CAF Team of the Year 2023: Osimhen joins Arsenal, Man Utd, Liverpool, West Ham players in ideal XI
- Osimhen sees off challenges from Liverpool and PSG stars to land African football's biggest individual prize
- CAF Awards 2023: Oshoala wins 6th POTY; Nnadozie Goalkeeper of the Year; Super Falcons best national team
- 'Gave Man Utd's back four a torrid time' - PL's record goalscorer hails Solanke for display at Old Trafford
- 'A great understanding with Osimhen' - Peseiro on similarities and differences between Lookman and Chukwueze
- Nwaneri trains with Arsenal first team pre-PSV after scoring five goals in FA Youth Cup clash
- CAF Awards 2023: Can Osimhen end Nigeria's 24-year wait for an African football king?
- 'We can do better' - Boniface reacts to Bayer's 1-1 draw against VfB Stuttgart
- Super Eagles-eligible defender agrees new long-term contract with Tottenham Hotspur
- Osimhen battles Saka, Mbappe, Messi, Ronaldo, 20 others for IFFHS Men's World Best Player 2023
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football