Done deal: Celtic old boy Jenz leaves Lorient for VfL WolfsburgPublished: June 16, 2023
Moritz Jenz's two-year association with French Ligue 1 club Lorient has come to an end, with the central defender completing a permanent transfer to German Bundesliga outfit VfL Wolfsburg.
Jenz spent the first half of last season on loan at Scottish Premiership outfit Celtic, where he appeared in nineteen matches across all competitions and was on the scoresheet twice.
The 24-year-old made six appearances for the Hoops in the UEFA Champions League, including against Real Madrid and RB Leipzig.
The Super Eagles-eligible player was at FC Schalke 04 for the second half of the 2022-2023 season and would have been signed on a full deal if they had avoided relegation.
VfL Wolfsburg announced on Friday afternoon that Jenz has put pen to paper on a four-year contract that will keep him at Lower Saxony until 2027.
Commenting on his transfer to Wolfsburg, Jenz told the club's official website: "I’m really looking forward to this new challenge. VfL Wolfsburg are a very ambitious club who want to play in Europe.
"It’s the perfect environment for me to continue my development. I’m a player who brings heart and passion to the pitch and gives everything for his club and their colours."
The 1.9m defender turned out for several clubs in Berlin at the beginning of his career, before making the move to Fulham in England, from where he transferred to Swiss side FC Lausanne-Sport in 2020.
Jenz scored one goal in eighteen appearances for Lorient, whom he joined in 2021.
Photo Credit : celticfc.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Peseiro's pre-match wish on Lookman comes true: Atalanta striker fires brace in 3-2 win against AC Milan
- FA Youth Cup: Nwaneri scores five goals to inspire Arsenal to 7-1 win against Crewe Alexandra
- Super Eagles watch: Ninth goal involvement for Ndidi; Dessers powerful strike; Ejuke gets his groove back
- 'It looks very nasty' - Michael Owen insists Onyeka was lucky to escape red card against Sheffield United
- 'My parents are proud Nigerians' - Premier League's fastest player reveals he considered playing for Super Eagles
- 'Declan Rice, Grealish chose England over Ireland' - Pundit on the international future of Arsenal striker Obi-Martin
- 'We have Adeleye, Ojo, Sochima' - Peseiro's sidekick urges Super Eagles coach to give chances to invitees
- 'I had an opportunity to get a hat-trick' - Iwobi admits he wanted to stay on against Nottingham Forest
- Nigerian tactician Hassan Sulaiman leads Chelsea into fourth round of FA Youth Cup
- 'Martial is a waste of space' - Ex-Chelsea star urges Man Utd to sign Boniface when 25 percent stake is sold
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football