Official: Flying Eagles winger Haliru Sarki joins 14-time United Arab Emirates championsPublished: June 18, 2023
Flying Eagles star, Haliru Sarki has joined United Arab Emirates outfit, Al Ain from Nigeria-based club, Mahanaim Football Club.
This was confirmed by Mahanaim FC on their Twitter page on Sunday evening as they revealed that they have reached an agreement with Al Ain for the outbound transfer of the winger.
The length of Sarki's contract and the amount the Asian outfit paid for his transfer were not disclosed.
Al Ain are the most successful club in the United Arab Emirates, winning the league 14 times, the President's Cup seven times and AFC Champions League once.
Sarki played a vital role albeit as a substitute as the Flying Eagles reached the quarterfinals of the 2023 Fifa U20 World Cup.
He scored Nigeria's second goal with a composed header in their surprising 2-0 win over Argentina in the round of 16 but missed the quarterfinals due to injury.
The 19-year-old plays as a right winger who has quick feet and blistering space as he demonstrated at the FIFA U-20 World Cup.
He was unveiled with the number 77 jersey as he embarks on a new journey with the Abu-Dhabi-based club.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Muscle tear injury: Chelsea midfielder Ugochukwu will not show off to dad at Old Trafford
- 'I've had many African players Yobo and Yakubu' - West Ham boss on being without some players during AFCON
- Tottenham vs West Ham prediction: Can West Ham upset Tottenham's top-four ambitions?
- Fabrizio Romano not convinced Chelsea target Osimhen is close to signing a new deal with Napoli
- Bundesliga transfer expert confirms Nigerian striker will sign a contract with Eintracht Frankfurt until 2028
- 'We're losing a lot of players' - Nottingham Forest boss aware Aina, 5 others could be heading to the AFCON
- Nigerian goalkeeper Arthur Okonkwo temporarily returns to parent club Arsenal
- FA Youth Cup: Two players of Nigerian descent on target for Tottenham Hotspur in win against Brentford
- German manager reveals Eintracht Frankfurt offered N17.3b to sign Gift Orban in the summer
- Confirmed team news: Three Super Eagles-eligible players ruled out of Manchester United v Chelsea
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football