Osimhen to sign new deal unless Napoli receive an offer too good to turn downPublished: June 19, 2023
Super Eagles striker Victor Osimhen has an agreement in principle to extend his contract, according to Napoli President, Aurelio De Laurentiis.
As disclosed by Italian journalist Fabrizio Romanio, Osimhen who scored two goals in Nigeria's narrow 3-2 win over Sierra Leone in the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier in Monrovia on Sunday, has drawn the attention of Paris Saint-Germain, Chelsea and Manchester United among other clubs across Europe.
But in a twist to the transfer speculation surrounding the Nigerian international who was the Serie A leading marksman in the 2022-2023 season, the Napoli President had now revealed that Osimhen is set to prolong his stay in Naples unless the Parthenopeans recieve an offer too good to turn dowin.
“We’ve an agreement in principle with Victor Osimhen to extend his contract for two more years," Aurelio De Laurentiis said.
However, there is still a chance for the likes of Chelsea, Manchester United and Paris Saint-Germain to sign the striker.
"In case an exorbitant bid impossible to reject arrives, we will see and make the best decision for the club," Aurelio De Laurentiis added.
Osimhen, on 17 international goals for Nigeria, is 20 goals shy of equaling the goal scoring record of the legendary Rashidi Yekini who was the 1993 CAF African Footballer of The Year award winner.
The 2015 Fifa U17 World Cup winner was one of the standout players for Napoli as they won the Serie A title for the first time in thirty three years with 26 goals in the division over the course of the 2022-2023 season.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Muscle tear injury: Chelsea midfielder Ugochukwu will not show off to dad at Old Trafford
- 'I've had many African players Yobo and Yakubu' - West Ham boss on being without some players during AFCON
- Tottenham vs West Ham prediction: Can West Ham upset Tottenham's top-four ambitions?
- Fabrizio Romano not convinced Chelsea target Osimhen is close to signing a new deal with Napoli
- Bundesliga transfer expert confirms Nigerian striker will sign a contract with Eintracht Frankfurt until 2028
- 'We're losing a lot of players' - Nottingham Forest boss aware Aina, 5 others could be heading to the AFCON
- Nigerian goalkeeper Arthur Okonkwo temporarily returns to parent club Arsenal
- FA Youth Cup: Two players of Nigerian descent on target for Tottenham Hotspur in win against Brentford
- German manager reveals Eintracht Frankfurt offered N17.3b to sign Gift Orban in the summer
- Confirmed team news: Three Super Eagles-eligible players ruled out of Manchester United v Chelsea
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football