Osimhen's future: Contact between Napoli president and striker's agent ahead of talksPublished: June 22, 2023
A meeting has been scheduled between Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis and Victor Osimhen's agent Roberto Calenda to discuss the forward's future.
According to transfer market guru Gianluca Di Marzio, on Wednesday, there was contact between president De Laurentiis and Roberto Calenda , the forward's agent, to make an appointment to talk about the player's future.
De Laurentiis and Calenda will discuss the possible amount required to renew Osimhen's contract and also his transfer fee in the event of a sale, amid speculation suggesting Napoli have increased their asking price from 150 million euros to 180 million euros.
The Nigeria international has been offered a new deal that would keep him at Napoli until the summer of 2027 but the contract has not yet been signed and a sale has not yet been ruled out as he is not yet off the market.
Napoli would consider a sale if they receive a bid too good to turn down, and their negotiating position will improve further should Osimhen put pen to paper on a new contract.
The 2015 Fifa U17 World Cup winner was named the best striker in the Serie A last season and was the top scorer with 26 goals in thirty two appearances.
Manchester United, Chelsea and Bayern Munich are also in the race to sign Osimhen, but could be priced out of a deal if it comes to a bidding war between themselves and PSG.
The two most expensive players in the world were signed by the Parisians - €222m for Neymar and €180m for Kylian Mbappe.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Muscle tear injury: Chelsea midfielder Ugochukwu will not show off to dad at Old Trafford
- 'I've had many African players Yobo and Yakubu' - West Ham boss on being without some players during AFCON
- Tottenham vs West Ham prediction: Can West Ham upset Tottenham's top-four ambitions?
- Fabrizio Romano not convinced Chelsea target Osimhen is close to signing a new deal with Napoli
- Bundesliga transfer expert confirms Nigerian striker will sign a contract with Eintracht Frankfurt until 2028
- 'We're losing a lot of players' - Nottingham Forest boss aware Aina, 5 others could be heading to the AFCON
- Nigerian goalkeeper Arthur Okonkwo temporarily returns to parent club Arsenal
- FA Youth Cup: Two players of Nigerian descent on target for Tottenham Hotspur in win against Brentford
- German manager reveals Eintracht Frankfurt offered N17.3b to sign Gift Orban in the summer
- Confirmed team news: Three Super Eagles-eligible players ruled out of Manchester United v Chelsea
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football