Chelsea youth product Aina confirms that he will leave Torino, sends parting messagePublished: June 23, 2023
Chelsea's Cobham academy product Ola Aina has confirmed that he will be leaving Italian Serie A club Torino.
The Nigeria international initially joined the Granata on a season-long loan from Chelsea in the 2018-2019 season and the following season, the deal was made permanent, which effectively brought down the curtain on his twelve-year association with the Premier League side.
The two-time UEFA Youth League winner with Chelsea has been linked with clubs in the Premier League including West Ham United, Bournemouth, Everton and Fulham, as well as topflight teams in Germany, France and Spain.
Overall, Aina played in 113 matches during his time at Torino, scoring two goals while producing seven assists, and was in action for 7,244 minutes.
Aina's contract with Torino will officially come to an end on June 30, 2023, and he is set to embark on a new chapter in his career after resisting the club's efforts to tie him down to a new deal.
Aina said goodbye to everyone associated with Torino through a post on Instagram, accompanied by a video highlighting his best moments as a player of Torino.
The fullback wrote: "I started this journey with you in 2018 and from then until now I have enjoyed every part. I wore the shirt with pride and always gave 100 percent when I went on the pitch.
"Thanks for bringing me in, thanks for the support it has thrown my ups and downs and my craziness off the court.
"I will remain a fan and continue to root for Toro. Good luck and goodbye."
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Shoretire battles Garnacho, Fernandes, 6 others for Manchester United Goal of the Month
- Iwobi's brilliant effort against favourite PL opponents nominated for Fulham Goal of the Month
- Victor Boniface: Juventus target Bundesliga star as possible replacement for Arsenal-linked striker Vlahovic
- Two teenagers of Nigerian descent promoted to Arsenal first team training pre-Wolves
- Dessers struggling to make an impact: Ex-Scotland star insists Rangers must sign a striker in January
- Blow to the jaw: Arsenal-owned goalkeeper Okonkwo to be assessed ahead of Wrexham v Yeovil Town
- Official: Chelsea confirm two talented midfielders have signed new deals
- Nottingham Forest's Goal of the Month award : Aina's first-time finish against Aston Villa nominated
- 101 Gunners goalscorers at the Emirates: Iwobi scored same number of goals as Arsenal legend Henry
- Watch: Gift Orban among four contenders for UEFA Europa Conference League Goal of the Week
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football