Official: Ezeh joins two-time German champions Hannover 96Published: June 28, 2023
With a statement on their official website, two-time German champions Hannover 96 have announced the signing of Hamburg-born Nigerian left-back Brooklyn Ezeh.
By signing a three-year contract with The Reds with an additional year as an option, Ezeh has ended his association with newly-promoted German 2.Bundesliga club Wehen Wiesbaden.
Hannover have pulled off a transfer coup by luring Ezeh to Lower Saxony as other clubs were in the running for his signature.
Named after one of New York's five boroughs, Eze has moved closer to his hometown Hamburg, as his parents still live in Hanseatic city today.
His previous clubs include Hamburger SV, FC Schalke 04 and Viktoria Berlin.
Ezeh has bagged a transfer to Hannover on the back of an outstanding season at Wehen Wiesbaden in which he logged 36 appearances in all competitions and directly participated in 11 goals from his fullback position.
Commenting on his transfer to Hannover, Ezeh told the club's official webpage: "Hannover 96 tried extremely hard for me. Those responsible have shown me that they are pursuing a clear plan with me.
"I'm looking forward to proving myself in a new league and being able to take the next step in my career here.
"I've heard a lot of good things about the team and I can't wait to finally get to know the guys".
Ezeh received three call-ups for Bundesliga matches during his time at Schalke 04 but was not given game time.
Photo Credit: hannover96.de
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Muscle tear injury: Chelsea midfielder Ugochukwu will not show off to dad at Old Trafford
- 'I've had many African players Yobo and Yakubu' - West Ham boss on being without some players during AFCON
- Tottenham vs West Ham prediction: Can West Ham upset Tottenham's top-four ambitions?
- Fabrizio Romano not convinced Chelsea target Osimhen is close to signing a new deal with Napoli
- Bundesliga transfer expert confirms Nigerian striker will sign a contract with Eintracht Frankfurt until 2028
- 'We're losing a lot of players' - Nottingham Forest boss aware Aina, 5 others could be heading to the AFCON
- Nigerian goalkeeper Arthur Okonkwo temporarily returns to parent club Arsenal
- FA Youth Cup: Two players of Nigerian descent on target for Tottenham Hotspur in win against Brentford
- German manager reveals Eintracht Frankfurt offered N17.3b to sign Gift Orban in the summer
- Confirmed team news: Three Super Eagles-eligible players ruled out of Manchester United v Chelsea
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football