Confirmed: Brentford loan out talented defender of Nigerian descentPublished: June 28, 2023
Through a statement on their official website, EFL League Two club Bradford City have announced the temporary signing of England U20 international of Nigerian descent, Daniel Oyegoke.
The Brentford-owned defender will spend the entirety of the forthcoming season at Bradford City, and will join his new teammates in time for their first pre-season friendly against Bury on July 8.
Oyegoke was at Milton Keynes Dons for the first part of the 2022-2023 campaign before he was recalled in the January transfer window.
The Hale End Academy product was a key member of the Young Lions squad to the 2023 Fifa U20 World Cup in Argentina, having gone the distance in all their group matches and was a second half substitute in the round of 16 defeat to Italy.
Oyegoke was on the books of Arsenal for four years before joining Brentford in the summer of 2021.
After putting pen to paper, he told Bradford City's official website: "Firstly, I want to thank the club for giving me this opportunity. It feels really good to have signed. I am happy to be here, and hopefully I can make my mark towards a positive season.
“I am excited to get on the pitch as a Bradford City player and show the fans what I am capable of, and work towards the goals the team has."
Oyegoke describes himself as a fast and powerful right-back who is also good defensively.
The 20-year-old has received two call ups for first team matches played by the Bees, and helped Brentford B to win the 2022-2023 Premier League Cup.
Photo Credit : brentfordfc.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Muscle tear injury: Chelsea midfielder Ugochukwu will not show off to dad at Old Trafford
- 'I've had many African players Yobo and Yakubu' - West Ham boss on being without some players during AFCON
- Tottenham vs West Ham prediction: Can West Ham upset Tottenham's top-four ambitions?
- Fabrizio Romano not convinced Chelsea target Osimhen is close to signing a new deal with Napoli
- Bundesliga transfer expert confirms Nigerian striker will sign a contract with Eintracht Frankfurt until 2028
- 'We're losing a lot of players' - Nottingham Forest boss aware Aina, 5 others could be heading to the AFCON
- Nigerian goalkeeper Arthur Okonkwo temporarily returns to parent club Arsenal
- FA Youth Cup: Two players of Nigerian descent on target for Tottenham Hotspur in win against Brentford
- German manager reveals Eintracht Frankfurt offered N17.3b to sign Gift Orban in the summer
- Confirmed team news: Three Super Eagles-eligible players ruled out of Manchester United v Chelsea
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football