Official: Lagos native signs historic contract with Minnesota UnitedPublished: July 01, 2023
With a statement on their official website, Minnesota United have announced the signing of Lagos born MNUFC2 midfielder Emmanuel Iwe to a one-year Major League Soccer contract.
Minnesota United have club options for the 2024, 2025 and 2026 seasons.
The 22-year-old has entered into the history books as the very first MNUFC2 player to sign a first-team contract with Minnesota United.
Iwe has been elevated to the first team after his impressive performances for MNUFC2 in the MLS Next Pro, with six goals and three assists in 27 matches in the third tier of American football.
He made his Major League Soccer debut against Vancouver Whitecaps on March 26, 2023 after signing a short-term agreement and was also in action for the first team against CF Montreal (MLS) and Detroit City FC (US Open Cup).
While with the first team of Minnesota United, Iwe netted his first goal on his starting debut in a 3-1 win over Detroit City.
Prior to joining Minnesota United, the Nigerian featured for Joy of the People, a local Saint Paul, Minnesota soccer academy.
He was in the Minnesota United side that thrashed Everton 4-0 in a friendly in July 2022.
Photo Credit: mnufc.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Shoretire battles Garnacho, Fernandes, 6 others for Manchester United Goal of the Month
- Iwobi's brilliant effort against favourite PL opponents nominated for Fulham Goal of the Month
- Victor Boniface: Juventus target Bundesliga star as possible replacement for Arsenal-linked striker Vlahovic
- Two teenagers of Nigerian descent promoted to Arsenal first team training pre-Wolves
- Dessers struggling to make an impact: Ex-Scotland star insists Rangers must sign a striker in January
- Blow to the jaw: Arsenal-owned goalkeeper Okonkwo to be assessed ahead of Wrexham v Yeovil Town
- Official: Chelsea confirm two talented midfielders have signed new deals
- Nottingham Forest's Goal of the Month award : Aina's first-time finish against Aston Villa nominated
- 101 Gunners goalscorers at the Emirates: Iwobi scored same number of goals as Arsenal legend Henry
- Watch: Gift Orban among four contenders for UEFA Europa Conference League Goal of the Week
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football