Photo: It's over for Ekong at Watford as CB lands in Thessaloniki ahead of PAOK unveilingPublished: July 03, 2023
Watford central defender William Troost-Ekong is set to be presented as a new player of Greek Super League club PAOK.
Gazzetta.gr has published photos of Troost-Ekongs's arrival in Thessaloniki ahead of his unveiling by PAOK, subject to a routine medical.
The Nigeria national teamer landed in Thessaloniki shortly after 1200 hours on Monday, July 3.
Troost-Ekong is expected to put pen to paper on a three-year contract with PAOK, which will effectively end his three-year association with Watford, whom he joined from Udinese in September 2020.
The 29-year-old is leaving Watford in exchange for approximately one million euros, and will earn a similar amount of money per annum at the three-time Greek champions.
In his first statements after his arrival in Greece, Troost-Ekong admitted that he had a conversation with Dutch-born attacking midfielder Diego Biseswar, who was on the books of PAOK for seven years before his contract expired this summer.
In quotes relayed by Gazzetta, he said: "I hope all the procedures will be finished quickly and I will go to Holland as soon as possible.
"Diego Biseswar called me and he only said good things about the team, he was here for eight years and he was very happy. He told me to come to PAOK."
Former FK Haugesund, FC Dordrecht and Bursaspor star Troost-Ekong registered two goals in 68 all-competition appearances for Watford.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Muscle tear injury: Chelsea midfielder Ugochukwu will not show off to dad at Old Trafford
- 'I've had many African players Yobo and Yakubu' - West Ham boss on being without some players during AFCON
- Tottenham vs West Ham prediction: Can West Ham upset Tottenham's top-four ambitions?
- Fabrizio Romano not convinced Chelsea target Osimhen is close to signing a new deal with Napoli
- Bundesliga transfer expert confirms Nigerian striker will sign a contract with Eintracht Frankfurt until 2028
- 'We're losing a lot of players' - Nottingham Forest boss aware Aina, 5 others could be heading to the AFCON
- Nigerian goalkeeper Arthur Okonkwo temporarily returns to parent club Arsenal
- FA Youth Cup: Two players of Nigerian descent on target for Tottenham Hotspur in win against Brentford
- German manager reveals Eintracht Frankfurt offered N17.3b to sign Gift Orban in the summer
- Confirmed team news: Three Super Eagles-eligible players ruled out of Manchester United v Chelsea
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football