Official: Chelsea's longest-serving player joins new club in EuropePublished: July 10, 2023
With a statement on their official website, Premier League club Chelsea have announced that Ghana international Baba Rahman has left Stamford Bridge and completed a permanent transfer to Greek Super League club PAOK.
Prior to ending his eight-year association with the London club on Monday, Rahman was Chelsea's longest-serving player not academy developed, having arrived at Stamford Bridge from German club Augsburg in the summer of 2015.
Rahman registered twenty three appearances for the Blues in all competitions, the last of which came against Leicester City on the final day of the 2015-2016 season.
The defender was loaned out to Schalke 04, Reims, Mallorca, PAOK and Reading during his time at Chelsea.
The Black Stars player has signed a three-year contract that will keep him at PAOK until the summer of 2026.
In his first spell at PAOK, he made seventeen appearances in all competitions, including fifteen starts and was in action for 1,383 minutes.
Rahman is the second African player with Premier League experience acquired by PAOK this summer, following in the footsteps of Nigeria assistant captain William Troost-Ekong who also appended his signature to a three-year contract.
Photo Credit: chelseafc.com
- Muscle tear injury: Chelsea midfielder Ugochukwu will not show off to dad at Old Trafford
- 'I've had many African players Yobo and Yakubu' - West Ham boss on being without some players during AFCON
- Tottenham vs West Ham prediction: Can West Ham upset Tottenham's top-four ambitions?
- Fabrizio Romano not convinced Chelsea target Osimhen is close to signing a new deal with Napoli
- Bundesliga transfer expert confirms Nigerian striker will sign a contract with Eintracht Frankfurt until 2028
- 'We're losing a lot of players' - Nottingham Forest boss aware Aina, 5 others could be heading to the AFCON
- Nigerian goalkeeper Arthur Okonkwo temporarily returns to parent club Arsenal
- FA Youth Cup: Two players of Nigerian descent on target for Tottenham Hotspur in win against Brentford
- German manager reveals Eintracht Frankfurt offered N17.3b to sign Gift Orban in the summer
- Confirmed team news: Three Super Eagles-eligible players ruled out of Manchester United v Chelsea
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football