Burton Albion's Tunisian coach running the rule over released Liverpool central defender OlufunwaPublished: July 17, 2023
EFL League One club Burton Albion have handed a trial to English-born Nigerian central defender Oludare Olufunwa with a view to a possible transfer this summer, allnigeriasoccer.com reports.
Olufunwa is currently unemployed following his release by Premier League giants Liverpool after the expiry of his contract on June 30, 2023.
Burton Albion's Tunisian manager Dino Maamria is observing him at close quarters before making a decision on whether or not he deserves a contract.
The Brewers are targeting defensive reinforcements ahead of the new season following the departures of several defensive-minded players in the offseason including Cameron Borthwick-Jackson, Thierry Latty-Fairweather, William Kokolo, Chris McCann and Callum Hawkins.
Nigerian central defender Deji Oshilaja is out of contract at Burton Albion and has been offered a new deal but there's no confirmation yet if he's staying or leaving the Pirelli Stadium.
If signed by Burton Albion, Olufunwa offers versatility as he is adept at playing centre-back and can also be deployed at right-back if the need arises.
Olufunwa has faced Football League clubs four times in competitive matches, making appearances against Charlton Athletic, Crawley Town, Salford City and Rochdale in the Papa Johns Trophy.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 'One of our best players' - Leicester coach provides injury update on Super Eagles midfielder Ndidi
- Premier League and Serie A calling: Is it time for Boniface to bid farewell to Bayer Leverkusen?
- Super Eagles duo Iwobi, Bassey hoping Fulham can hurt Man Utd for the first time in nineteen games
- Chelsea post scouts to run the rule over Osimhen in Napoli's 1-1 draw against Barcelona
- Super Eagles centre-back resumes training at Boavista after contracting malaria at AFCON
- 'I don't care about anything, just to score' - Flying Eagles invitee Joseph says he models game after Haaland
- Gabriel Osho: Three reasons Nigerian Federation should make another move for Luton Town CB
- Why William Troost-Ekong shone in AFCON 2023
- Nigerian football stars to watch out for
- Game changers: Three Indomitable Lionesses players Super Falcons must be wary of in Olympic qualifiers
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football