'We don't want to trade' - Genk coach admits Southampton striker Onuachu is too expensivePublished: July 25, 2023
Racing Genk manager Wouter Vrancken has said that a move for Super Eagles striker Paul Onuachu will be too expensive for the club.
Onuachu had been linked with a return to the Jupiler Pro League side barely six months after he left for Southampton.
The 29-year-old was bought by the Saints for a fee of 18 million euros in the January transfer window to resolve their goalscoring woes and boost their chances of surviving relegation but failed to make an impact.
He could not register any goal contribution and started only four of the 11 games he featured for the Hampshire-based side in the Premier League in the second half of last season.
With his struggles and the relegation of Southampton to the Championship, the Nigerian forward is already looking for a way out of the club.
Vrancken admitted that a pursuit for the Nigerian striker will be problematic for his side.
"That depends on him. Basically, we don't want to trade in that category, no" Vrancken told Het Laatste Nieuws via voetbalkrant.
Racing Genk signed Ghanaian winger Christopher Bonsu Baah for a fee of 5.2 million euros about three weeks ago.
"But that's about the limit for us. Antwerp and Club can go to double that."
Onuachu has also been linked with possible moves to German Bundesliga outfits Borussia Monchengladbach, Schalke 04 and Union Berlin.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Iheanacho scores another penalty for table-topping Leicester; Montpellier's Adams at the double
- Super Eagles forwards Moses Simon, Terem Moffi crack Ligue 1 Team of the Month
- 'The love for the badge is unwavering'- Osimhen insists he's committed to Napoli amid Chelsea, Man Utd links
- Quick and direct winger signs new contract with Chelsea
- Nottingham Forest fullback joins Super Eagles walking wounded ahead of Saudi Arabia friendly
- A bridge too far: Boniface unsuccessful in attempt to match Helmes feat but helps Bayer set new record
- Put me on the bench: Akpom tells Ajax coach he's unhappy playing as a No. 10 or winger
- 'Wasn't even a foul' - Ex-Liverpool fullback claims Tottenham star Udogie didn't deserve to be booked
- 'If he leaves in 6 months he will regret' - Ex-Napoli striker criticises Osimhen for not celebrating his goals
- 'I don't follow history' - Southampton loanee Onuachu admits he had no idea he set a record
- Football Betting
- Cakhia TV truc tiep
- Socolive TV truc tiep bong da
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football