Pundit claims AC Milan new boy Chukwueze would have preferred move to Real MadridPublished: July 30, 2023
Football writer with the National World Jamie Kemble believes AC Milan's new signing Samuel Chukwueze would have preferred a move to Real Madrid.
Chukwueze was announced as the Italian giants' seventh signing of the season on Thursday having arrived for a free around 20 million euro plus 8 million in bonuses.
The 24-year-old had earlier been linked with Real Madrid who want to bolster their attacking options after the departure of Karim Benzema, Eden Hazard, Marco Asensio and Mariano Díaz.
He was in devastating form for Villarreal last season and showed glimpses of what he could do when he bagged a brace in the Yellow Submarine's 3-2 win over Real Madrid in April.
Kemble believes the Super Eagles forward would have preferred a move to the Los Blancos if they had a concrete interest in him.
"Still, he will have seen it as a chance to compete for titles, and it's a good move. If Real Madrid were actually at the table, I think that would have been his first-choice move, which is no disrespect to Milan," Kemble told Sempremilan.
"Real Madrid are the biggest club in the world, and Samu could have stayed in Spain where he has been happy for a long time."
The Nigeria national teamer is expected to occupy the right wing of the attack as the Rossoneri hope to stage a title challenge next season.
The new AC Milan number 21 will be hoping to make his debut on 21st August when his new club faces Bologna on matchday one of the new Serie A season
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Iheanacho scores another penalty for table-topping Leicester; Montpellier's Adams at the double
- Super Eagles forwards Moses Simon, Terem Moffi crack Ligue 1 Team of the Month
- 'The love for the badge is unwavering'- Osimhen insists he's committed to Napoli amid Chelsea, Man Utd links
- Quick and direct winger signs new contract with Chelsea
- Nottingham Forest fullback joins Super Eagles walking wounded ahead of Saudi Arabia friendly
- A bridge too far: Boniface unsuccessful in attempt to match Helmes feat but helps Bayer set new record
- Put me on the bench: Akpom tells Ajax coach he's unhappy playing as a No. 10 or winger
- 'Wasn't even a foul' - Ex-Liverpool fullback claims Tottenham star Udogie didn't deserve to be booked
- 'If he leaves in 6 months he will regret' - Ex-Napoli striker criticises Osimhen for not celebrating his goals
- 'I don't follow history' - Southampton loanee Onuachu admits he had no idea he set a record
- Football Betting
- Cakhia TV truc tiep
- Socolive TV truc tiep bong da
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football