Ipswich Town confirm squad numbers for ex-Flying Eagles invitee and Super Eagles strikerPublished: July 31, 2023
Through their official website, Ipswich Town have confirmed the club's first team squad numbers ahead of the new Championship season.
2011 Flying Eagles invitee Freddie Ladapo and out offavour Super Eagles striker Sone Aluko have been allocated the number 9 and 23 jersey respectively.
Ladapo and Aluko have been given the numbers they wore at the back of their jerseys during the 2022-2023 season.
The Nigeria international was retained by The Blues at the end of last season and accepted their offer last month, signing a one-year deal that will keep him at Portman Road until June 30, 2024.
Aluko has made a total of 55 appearances for Ipswich Town since his arrival at the club, scoring three goals and bagging two assists.
The former Rangers, Hull City and Fulham man is a seasoned campaigner in the Championship with 191 appearances under his belt.
Ladapo had a banner season at the Tractor Boys in 2022-2023, scoring 17 goals in 46 matches as they won promotion to the Championship.
The 30-year-old striker tallied nine goals in 42 games for Rotherham United in the Championship over the course of the 2020-2021 season.
Ipswich Town face Sunderland in their season opener on August 6 at the Stadium of Light.
Photo Credit: itfc.co.uk
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Osimhen sees off challenges from Liverpool and PSG stars to land African football's biggest individual prize
- CAF Awards 2023: Oshoala wins 6th POTY; Nnadozie Goalkeeper of the Year; Super Falcons best national team
- 'Gave Man Utd's back four a torrid time' - PL's record goalscorer hails Solanke for display at Old Trafford
- 'A great understanding with Osimhen' - Peseiro on similarities and differences between Lookman and Chukwueze
- Nwaneri trains with Arsenal first team pre-PSV after scoring five goals in FA Youth Cup clash
- CAF Awards 2023: Can Osimhen end Nigeria's 24-year wait for an African football king?
- 'We can do better' - Boniface reacts to Bayer's 1-1 draw against VfB Stuttgart
- Super Eagles-eligible defender agrees new long-term contract with Tottenham Hotspur
- Osimhen battles Saka, Mbappe, Messi, Ronaldo, 20 others for IFFHS Men's World Best Player 2023
- Tosin and Solanke join Liverpool, Tottenham forwards in BBC's Premier League Team of the Week
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football