Dutch football expert reckons Dessers will do better than other Rangers striker signingsPublished: August 02, 2023
Dutch football expert Michael Statham believes that Super Eagles forward Cyriel Dessers will do better than other Rangers' forward signings, Sam Lammers and Danilo da Silva in the new season.
The Nigerian forward joined Rangers from U.S. Cremonese last month for an undisclosed fee and is set to spend the next four years at Ibrox.
Dessers was brought in to fill the void created by the departure of Alfredo Morelos and bolster the attacking options of Michael Beale's side ahead of next season.
In a bid to further strengthen their attacking department, the Gers have also acquired the services of Lammers and Danilo.
Statham while discussing the possibility of the three new Rangers' forwards playing together also highlighted the fact that he is more optimistic about the success of Dessers at Rangers than the club's other two new forward signings
"I hope they all do well but I have the highest hopes for Dessers because he's very lovable and has had a reputation of scoring goals in the Netherlands," Statham said to RangersReview.
"I really liked him when he played for Feyenoord in the Conference League, he loves the high press and I know Rangers are up for that as well so it just all works. Dessers will love scoring goals for Rangers."
Dessers is in contention to make his competitive debut when Rangers face Kilmarnock on Saturday.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- CAF Team of the Year 2023: Osimhen joins Arsenal, Man Utd, Liverpool, West Ham players in ideal XI
- Osimhen sees off challenges from Liverpool and PSG stars to land African football's biggest individual prize
- CAF Awards 2023: Oshoala wins 6th POTY; Nnadozie Goalkeeper of the Year; Super Falcons best national team
- 'Gave Man Utd's back four a torrid time' - PL's record goalscorer hails Solanke for display at Old Trafford
- 'A great understanding with Osimhen' - Peseiro on similarities and differences between Lookman and Chukwueze
- Nwaneri trains with Arsenal first team pre-PSV after scoring five goals in FA Youth Cup clash
- CAF Awards 2023: Can Osimhen end Nigeria's 24-year wait for an African football king?
- 'We can do better' - Boniface reacts to Bayer's 1-1 draw against VfB Stuttgart
- Super Eagles-eligible defender agrees new long-term contract with Tottenham Hotspur
- Osimhen battles Saka, Mbappe, Messi, Ronaldo, 20 others for IFFHS Men's World Best Player 2023
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football