Pundit backs Dessers to make full debut for Rangers against KilmarnockPublished: August 03, 2023
It has been predicted that Super Eagles forward Cyriel Dessers will make his competitive debut for Glasgow Rangers this weekend.
This is according to Ben Morris who in his preview for Sportsmole ahead of Rangers' first matchday of the season in the Scottish Premiership listed the former Cremonese forward in his predicted XI for the Gers.
Dessers was listed alongside fellow summer signing Sam Lammers among the first XI players to be selected by Michael Beale.
Rangers are set to take on Kilmarnock in their opening-day fixture at the BBSP Stadium Rugby Park on Saturday.
Beale's side are aiming to wrestle the league title from defending champions Celtic and will need the proficiency of Dessers in front of goal.
The Belgian-born forward has previously proven his ability in front of goal having won the Eredivisie top scorer award in 2020 and was the highest goalscorer in the maiden edition of the UEFA Europa Conference League.
While the 28-year-old has been predicted to start, his compatriot Leon Balogun who rejoined Rangers this summer is unlikely to be named in the starting lineup.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- CAF Team of the Year 2023: Osimhen joins Arsenal, Man Utd, Liverpool, West Ham players in ideal XI
- Osimhen sees off challenges from Liverpool and PSG stars to land African football's biggest individual prize
- CAF Awards 2023: Oshoala wins 6th POTY; Nnadozie Goalkeeper of the Year; Super Falcons best national team
- 'Gave Man Utd's back four a torrid time' - PL's record goalscorer hails Solanke for display at Old Trafford
- 'A great understanding with Osimhen' - Peseiro on similarities and differences between Lookman and Chukwueze
- Nwaneri trains with Arsenal first team pre-PSV after scoring five goals in FA Youth Cup clash
- CAF Awards 2023: Can Osimhen end Nigeria's 24-year wait for an African football king?
- 'We can do better' - Boniface reacts to Bayer's 1-1 draw against VfB Stuttgart
- Super Eagles-eligible defender agrees new long-term contract with Tottenham Hotspur
- Osimhen battles Saka, Mbappe, Messi, Ronaldo, 20 others for IFFHS Men's World Best Player 2023
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football