Rangers include two Super Eagles players in CL qualifier squad, jersey numbers confirmedPublished: August 04, 2023
The official website of UEFA has revealed Rangers squad for the Champions League third qualifying round clash against Swiss Super League side Servette, with two Super Eagles players making the cut.
The Scottish Premiership side will host Servette in the first leg at Ibrox Stadium on August 9, while the second leg will take place at Stade de Genève (Lancy) on August 15.
Manager Michael Beale has selected Cyriel Dessers and Leon Balogun on his roster for the third qualifying round.
Dessers was snapped up from Cremonese last month, signing a four-year deal, and Balogun has returned for a second spell, with the central defender inking a one-year contract.
UEFA has confirmed that the Super Eagles striker will wear the number 9 jersey for the competition and Balogun has been assigned number 27.
Experienced center-back Balogun has logged 21 appearances in European competition, including one match in the third qualifying round of the Champions League against Malmo back in August 2021 when he went the distance in a 2-1 loss suffered by Rangers.
Dessers has played in 23 games in European competition consisting of thirteen in the Europa Conference League, five in Europa League qualifying, three in the Europa League and two in Champions League qualifying.
Rangers begin their season on Saturday when they travel to Rugby Park to face Kilmarnock in the Scottish Premiership.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- CAF Team of the Year 2023: Osimhen joins Arsenal, Man Utd, Liverpool, West Ham players in ideal XI
- Osimhen sees off challenges from Liverpool and PSG stars to land African football's biggest individual prize
- CAF Awards 2023: Oshoala wins 6th POTY; Nnadozie Goalkeeper of the Year; Super Falcons best national team
- 'Gave Man Utd's back four a torrid time' - PL's record goalscorer hails Solanke for display at Old Trafford
- 'A great understanding with Osimhen' - Peseiro on similarities and differences between Lookman and Chukwueze
- Nwaneri trains with Arsenal first team pre-PSV after scoring five goals in FA Youth Cup clash
- CAF Awards 2023: Can Osimhen end Nigeria's 24-year wait for an African football king?
- 'We can do better' - Boniface reacts to Bayer's 1-1 draw against VfB Stuttgart
- Super Eagles-eligible defender agrees new long-term contract with Tottenham Hotspur
- Osimhen battles Saka, Mbappe, Messi, Ronaldo, 20 others for IFFHS Men's World Best Player 2023
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football