Official: Felix Uduokhai extends his contract at AugsburgPublished: August 16, 2023
Onetime Nigeria Football Federation target Felix Uduokhai has made a U-turn by extending his stay at German Bundesliga outfit Augsburg.
Previously, the central defender opted not to extend his contract at Augsburg, which was due to expire at the end of the 2023-2024 season, but the former Germany underage international has now reversed his decision.
Uduokhai is now tied to Augsburg until June 30, 2025, having extended his contract by a further year on Wednesday.
Since transferring to Augsburg in 2019, initially on loan before inking a permanent deal, he has logged 91 appearances in all competitions and scored once.
Overall, he has played in 117 matches in the German top division since making his Bundesliga debut against Borussia Dortmund in August 2017 and got on the score sheet on two occasions.
Explaining the reason behind his decision to stay at Augsburg, Uduokhai told the club's official website: "After I had told the management ahead of the training camp that I didn’t want to extend my contract, I had a rethink.
"The training camp and the weeks of pre-season have shown me that the changes initiated by the club are very promising.
"Great characters have been signed who are helping the team and we have a great spirit within the whole squad. That convinced me to change my mind."
Uduokhai, 25, counts VfB Annaberg 09, FC Erzgebirge Aue and TSV 1860 München among his former clubs.
The Annaberg-Buchholz native has represented his country of birth, Germany at U19, U20, U21 and U23 levels.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Iheanacho scores another penalty for table-topping Leicester; Montpellier's Adams at the double
- Super Eagles forwards Moses Simon, Terem Moffi crack Ligue 1 Team of the Month
- 'The love for the badge is unwavering'- Osimhen insists he's committed to Napoli amid Chelsea, Man Utd links
- Quick and direct winger signs new contract with Chelsea
- Nottingham Forest fullback joins Super Eagles walking wounded ahead of Saudi Arabia friendly
- A bridge too far: Boniface unsuccessful in attempt to match Helmes feat but helps Bayer set new record
- Put me on the bench: Akpom tells Ajax coach he's unhappy playing as a No. 10 or winger
- 'Wasn't even a foul' - Ex-Liverpool fullback claims Tottenham star Udogie didn't deserve to be booked
- 'If he leaves in 6 months he will regret' - Ex-Napoli striker criticises Osimhen for not celebrating his goals
- 'I don't follow history' - Southampton loanee Onuachu admits he had no idea he set a record
- Football Betting
- Cakhia TV truc tiep
- Socolive TV truc tiep bong da
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football