Southampton reject Verona's offer for Super Eagles midfielder, Ligue 1 duo also interestedPublished: August 23, 2023
Allnigeriasoccer.com can exclusively report that Southampton have rejected an offer from Italian Serie A club Hellas Verona for Joe Aribo.
Aribo is among the players The Saints are looking to cash in on following their relegation to the Championship but the offer from Verona did not meet their valuation of the Super Eagles midfielder.
Roméo Lavia, Tino Livramento, James Ward-Prowse, Mohammed Salisu and Mislav Orsic have all been moved on in this window and there's a chance that Nigerian trio Aribo, Paul Onuachu and Nathan Tella could join them out of the St Mary's exit door before next Friday's transfer deadline.
Verona made a loan offer with an option to buy him at the end of the 2023-2024 season, but Southampton turned down the initial proposal for Aribo.
Verona have not given up on their pursuit of the former Rangers dazzler and will make another offer for the Nigerian before the transfer window closes.
Two unnamed French Ligue 1 clubs are monitoring the situation of Aribo with a view to a potential swoop for the versatile midfielder, who is also capable of playing as a winger, box-to-box midfielder and support striker.
Aribo arrived at Southampton for a fee of £6 million and including performance-related add-ons, the amount could increase to £10 million.
The 27-year-old has appeared in 30 official matches for Southampton, scoring two goals.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 'He will change a lot of things for Chelsea' - Gianfranco Zola reveals Osimhen is tailor-made for PL
- Alejandro Garnacho beats Shoretire, 7 others to win Manchester United Goal of the Month
- Bayer Leverkusen striker Victor Boniface gunning for fourth consecutive Bundesliga award
- Taiwo Awoniyi nominated for Fans' Footballer of the Year 2023 award
- Arsenal loanee Okonkwo to undergo further examinations to determine severity of jaw injury
- 'Ministry played a role in that employment' - Sports Minister confirms Peseiro's future will be determined after AFCON
- Penalty or no penalty? Italy and Inter Milan great Bergomi has his say on incident involving Osimhen
- Super Eagles-eligible winger joins Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham stars in BBC's PL TOTW
- Gift Orban shows he's more than a goalscorer in Gent's 2-2 draw with Genk
- Fifa U17 World Cup: Germany's Brunner follows in the footsteps of Iheanacho; Ruberto emulates Osimhen
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football