U21 photocall: Arsenal hint four Nigerian players are available for transfer ahead of next Friday's deadlinePublished: August 25, 2023
Arsenal have dropped the biggest hint yet that four players of Nigerian descent are available for transfer ahead of next Friday's transfer deadline, allnigeriasoccer.com reports.
Of the nineteen players pictured in the photocall, two in the shape of goalkeeper Ovie Ejeheri and attacking midfielder Ethan Nwaneri are eligible to represent the Nigerian national teams.
2022 Nigeria U23 invitee Tim Akinola, Ryan Alebiosu, Miguel Azeez and Nathan Butler-Oyedeji were noticeably missing from the Arsenal U21 photocall held at London Colney on Thursday, August 24.
However, the omission of the four players did not come as a surprise as they have all been linked with a departure from the Emirates Stadium before the close of the summer transfer window.
With the exception of Butler-Oyedeji, the aforementioned players of Nigerian descent who were missing from the photocall trained with Arsenal's first team on Thursday, the club's penultimate workout before their London derby against Fulham.
Akinola, Alebiosu and Azeez have not figured for any of the Arsenal teams in a competitive game in the new season amid speculations surrounding their futures.
The three players experienced mixed fortunes during loan spells last season,with Azeez starved of game time at Wigan Athletic, while Akinola and Alebiosu totaled 31 and 29 appearances at Chesterfield and Kilmarnock respectively.
Photo Credit: arsenal.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 'He will change a lot of things for Chelsea' - Gianfranco Zola reveals Osimhen is tailor-made for PL
- Alejandro Garnacho beats Shoretire, 7 others to win Manchester United Goal of the Month
- Bayer Leverkusen striker Victor Boniface gunning for fourth consecutive Bundesliga award
- Taiwo Awoniyi nominated for Fans' Footballer of the Year 2023 award
- Arsenal loanee Okonkwo to undergo further examinations to determine severity of jaw injury
- 'Ministry played a role in that employment' - Sports Minister confirms Peseiro's future will be determined after AFCON
- Penalty or no penalty? Italy and Inter Milan great Bergomi has his say on incident involving Osimhen
- Super Eagles-eligible winger joins Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham stars in BBC's PL TOTW
- Gift Orban shows he's more than a goalscorer in Gent's 2-2 draw with Genk
- Fifa U17 World Cup: Germany's Brunner follows in the footsteps of Iheanacho; Ruberto emulates Osimhen
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football