Tottenham working on deal to sign Chelsea-linked Barcelona striker amid interest in Gift OrbanPublished: August 30, 2023
Tottenham Hotspur are working on a deal to sign Barcelona striker Ansu Fati despite interest in KAA Gent sensation Gift Orban.
According to Fabrizio Romano, Tottenham are now in contact with Barcelona to negotiate a loan deal for Ansu Fati until June 2024.
The renowned transfer market reporter added that Fati is also a player of interest to Chelsea but the Blues have not made a formal approach to Barcelona for the 20-year-old.
Manager Ange Postecoglou wants to bolster his squad with the signing of a young attacker with potential before the close of the transfer window, and the likes of Nottingham Forest's Brennan Johnson, KAA Gent's Gift Orban and Lille's Jonathan David have been mentioned as possible targets.
KAA Gent are not desperate to sell their Nigerian star as a result of the takeover of the club by Sam Baro and the capital injection, so everything depends on how much interested clubs are willing to shell out for the 21-year-old.
The Buffalos will demand a fee of at least 30 million euros to part ways with Orban this week.
Tottenham Hotspur have extensively scouted Orban since his arrival at Gent and also held transfer talks with his intermediary but have yet to table a bid two days before the close of the transfer window.
Orban has been named in Gent's traveling squad for their Europa Conference League playoff tie with APOEL on Thursday evening.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Muscle tear injury: Chelsea midfielder Ugochukwu will not show off to dad at Old Trafford
- 'I've had many African players Yobo and Yakubu' - West Ham boss on being without some players during AFCON
- Tottenham vs West Ham prediction: Can West Ham upset Tottenham's top-four ambitions?
- Fabrizio Romano not convinced Chelsea target Osimhen is close to signing a new deal with Napoli
- Bundesliga transfer expert confirms Nigerian striker will sign a contract with Eintracht Frankfurt until 2028
- 'We're losing a lot of players' - Nottingham Forest boss aware Aina, 5 others could be heading to the AFCON
- Nigerian goalkeeper Arthur Okonkwo temporarily returns to parent club Arsenal
- FA Youth Cup: Two players of Nigerian descent on target for Tottenham Hotspur in win against Brentford
- German manager reveals Eintracht Frankfurt offered N17.3b to sign Gift Orban in the summer
- Confirmed team news: Three Super Eagles-eligible players ruled out of Manchester United v Chelsea
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football