Arsenal's Nigerian-born midfielder receives offer from Qatar; Colchester United join racePublished: August 30, 2023
Allnigeriasoccer.com can exclusively report that Nigerian-born midfielder Tim Akinola is mulling over an offer from an unnamed Qatari club, a few days before the close of the summer transfer window.
The Qatari club have directly approached Arsenal about the possibility of signing the 2022 Nigeria U23 invitee.
Although Akinola is open to joining the Qatari club, he has been advised by his camp to reject the offer from the Middle East as it makes no sporting sense at all to move to Asia at this stage of his career.
Neftchi Baku found an agreement with Arsenal for the signing of Akinola, only for the 22-year-old to pull out of the proposed move due to complications in agreeing on personal terms with the Azerbaijani Premier League club.
In recent days, Colchester United have registered their interest in the player but nothing is advanced at the moment.
Akinola's three-year stint at Arsenal could be well and truly over before the week runs out, given that the Emirates Stadium outfit are looking to move him on and he has entered the last one year of his contract.
He is not eligible to be included as an U21 player on Arsenal's Premier League roster to be submitted at the end of the transfer window, and is not age-eligible to play in the Premier League 2, except he's named as one of the over-age players.
Akinola has not played a single minute for the Arsenal teams in the new season amid speculation surrounding his future.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Peseiro's pre-match wish on Lookman comes true: Atalanta striker fires brace in 3-2 win against AC Milan
- FA Youth Cup: Nwaneri scores five goals to inspire Arsenal to 7-1 win against Crewe Alexandra
- Super Eagles watch: Ninth goal involvement for Ndidi; Dessers powerful strike; Ejuke gets his groove back
- 'It looks very nasty' - Michael Owen insists Onyeka was lucky to escape red card against Sheffield United
- 'My parents are proud Nigerians' - Premier League's fastest player reveals he considered playing for Super Eagles
- 'Declan Rice, Grealish chose England over Ireland' - Pundit on the international future of Arsenal striker Obi-Martin
- 'We have Adeleye, Ojo, Sochima' - Peseiro's sidekick urges Super Eagles coach to give chances to invitees
- 'I had an opportunity to get a hat-trick' - Iwobi admits he wanted to stay on against Nottingham Forest
- Nigerian tactician Hassan Sulaiman leads Chelsea into fourth round of FA Youth Cup
- 'Martial is a waste of space' - Ex-Chelsea star urges Man Utd to sign Boniface when 25 percent stake is sold
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football