Nottingham Forest make opening offer to sign Liverpool midfield target NdidiPublished: August 30, 2023
Nottingham Forest have made the first step towards signing Super Eagles midfielder Wilfred Ndidi.
According to transfer guru, Fabrizio Romano, the Premier League outfit have presented an opening bid to Leicester City for the services of Nigeria international.
Despite bringing in Andrey Santos on loan from Chelsea, Steve Cooper is keen to his shore up his midfield options before the end of the transfer window with Ndidi being identified as one of his potential signings.
The former Genk midfielder is into the final 12 months of his contract at Leicester City which means an exit from the King Power Stadium cannot be ruled out before the end of the transfer window.
Besides Nottingham Forest, the 26-year-old has also been linked with Liverpool in recent days and he's also on the radar of German Bundesliga defending champions, Bayern Munich.
It has also been reported that Liverpool are considering him as an alternative target to Crystal Palace's midfielder Cheick Doucoure.
Despite the uncertainty regarding his future, Leicester City manager, Enzo Maresca has started him in four of the six games that have been played by Leicester City in this campaign.
Ndidi has also repaid the faith of his manager with his performances, with the latest being the two-goal contributions he had in the Foxes' victory over Tranmere Rovers in the second round of the EFL Cup yesterday.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Muscle tear injury: Chelsea midfielder Ugochukwu will not show off to dad at Old Trafford
- 'I've had many African players Yobo and Yakubu' - West Ham boss on being without some players during AFCON
- Tottenham vs West Ham prediction: Can West Ham upset Tottenham's top-four ambitions?
- Fabrizio Romano not convinced Chelsea target Osimhen is close to signing a new deal with Napoli
- Bundesliga transfer expert confirms Nigerian striker will sign a contract with Eintracht Frankfurt until 2028
- 'We're losing a lot of players' - Nottingham Forest boss aware Aina, 5 others could be heading to the AFCON
- Nigerian goalkeeper Arthur Okonkwo temporarily returns to parent club Arsenal
- FA Youth Cup: Two players of Nigerian descent on target for Tottenham Hotspur in win against Brentford
- German manager reveals Eintracht Frankfurt offered N17.3b to sign Gift Orban in the summer
- Confirmed team news: Three Super Eagles-eligible players ruled out of Manchester United v Chelsea
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football