Oyedele battles Casemiro, Eriksen, Varane, 4 others for Man Utd's first 2023-24 Goal of the MonthPublished: August 30, 2023
Poland U19 international of Nigerian descent Maxi Oyedele is in contention for Manchester United's Goal of the Month award for August 2023.
Manchester United have selected the top eight goals scored by their various teams in the opening month of the season, with the English-Polish-Nigerian midfielder nominated for his brilliant effort against Stoke City in the Premier League 2.
In his bid to win the award for the first time, Oyedele faces competition from three Manchester United first team stars in the shape of Raphael Varane, Casemiro and Christian Eriksen.
Other nominees are academy players Ethan Williams, Isak Hansen-Aaroen, Sam Mather and Mateo Mejia.
Oyedele netted his first goal in the Premier League 2 as Manchester United registered an extraordinary 10-1 win over Stoke City on August 26.
Five minutes before halftime, a ball into the area was not cleared properly by the Stoke City defence, the United number 6 picked up the loose ball and powered an unstoppable shot from outside the box into the far corner, leaving the Potters goalkeeper with no chance.
Oyedele mustered 4 goals in 12 appearances during his loan spell at National League club Altrincham FC in the second half of last season with one of the strikes nominated for the club's Goal of the Season award.
The Flying Eagles-eligible player will be aiming to emulate Odion Ighalo, who won Manchester United's Goal of the Month for March 2020 for his stunning effort against LASK in the Europa League.
Photo Credit: manutd.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Shoretire battles Garnacho, Fernandes, 6 others for Manchester United Goal of the Month
- Iwobi's brilliant effort against favourite PL opponents nominated for Fulham Goal of the Month
- Victor Boniface: Juventus target Bundesliga star as possible replacement for Arsenal-linked striker Vlahovic
- Two teenagers of Nigerian descent promoted to Arsenal first team training pre-Wolves
- Dessers struggling to make an impact: Ex-Scotland star insists Rangers must sign a striker in January
- Blow to the jaw: Arsenal-owned goalkeeper Okonkwo to be assessed ahead of Wrexham v Yeovil Town
- Official: Chelsea confirm two talented midfielders have signed new deals
- Nottingham Forest's Goal of the Month award : Aina's first-time finish against Aston Villa nominated
- 101 Gunners goalscorers at the Emirates: Iwobi scored same number of goals as Arsenal legend Henry
- Watch: Gift Orban among four contenders for UEFA Europa Conference League Goal of the Week
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football