Announcement imminent: Nigerian-born midfielder departs Arsenal for Qatari clubPublished: September 03, 2023
Allnigeriasoccer.com can exclusively report that Nigerian-born midfielder Tim Akinola has ended his association with Premier League giants Arsenal after agreeing a move to the Qatargas League.
Akinola traveled to Qatar last week to negotiate with some teams battling to sign him and he eventually decided to continue his career with Qatari second tier club Al Bidda SC, who are based in the capital Doha.
The 22-year-old has already passed a medical at Al Bidda SC, paving the way for him to put pen to paper on a three-year contract that will keep him at the club until the end of the 2025-2026 season.
A plethora of Football League clubs, plus European teams explored the possibility of signing the 2022 Nigeria's Olympic National Team invitee but the offer from Al Bidda SC was too good to reject from a financial viewpoint.
Akinola was loaned out to Dundee United for the second half of the 2021-2022 season and spent the whole of last season on loan at National League club Chesterfield, making 32 appearances combined for both teams.
The Gunners have sanctioned his permanent transfer to Al Bidda SC with a year left on his contract.
Signed from Huddersfield Town in 2020, Akinola registered 43 appearances for Arsenal's development squad in the Premier League 2 and EFL Trophy, and was invited to train with the first team on countless occasions.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Waldrum cites Chelsea v Liverpool as he discusses Super Falcons' showdown with clinical Bayana Bayana side
- Deborah Abiodun reacts: Super Falcons to face Bayana Bayana in final phase of Paris 2024 Olympic qualifiers
- Three uncapped teenagers who could break into Super Eagles squad before 2026 World Cup
- Back in the groove: Rangers striker Cyriel Dessers named Scottish Premiership Player of the Week
- Race for Victor Osimhen: Chelsea concerned about missing out on African POTY
- Kickoff to profit mastering football betting with Tedbet
- 'Didn't give Rashford a kick' - PL all-time top scorer Shearer hails Bassey for pocketing Man Utd striker
- Fulham midfielder Iwobi named in PL TOTW alongside Arsenal and Man City stars
- Who is Sylvester Jasper? The Fulham product observed by Peseiro; insists he's good enough for Super Eagles
- Medical update: Porto's Super Eagles LB Zaidu operated on by Cristiano Ronaldo's most trusted doctor
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football