Super Eagles-eligible midfielder nominated for Chelsea's August Goal of the MonthPublished: September 04, 2023
England youth international of Nigerian descent, Carney Chukwuemeka has been nominated for Chelsea's August Goal of the Month.
The Blues have compiled a shortlist of the six best efforts across the club in the opening month of the season with Chukwuemeka making the cut for his first senior goal in a Premier League meeting with West Ham United on August 20.
In the 28th minute, Chukwuemeka, with a little drop of the shoulder, cut inside onto his right foot and hit an unstoppable drive past West Ham goalkeeper Alphonse Areola to restore parity for the visitors.
The Anglo-Nigerian starlet was replaced by Mudryk at the start of the second half after suffering an injury just before halftime.
The other contenders for Chelsea's Goal of the Month for August are Raheem Sterling who has been double nominated for his two goals against Luton Town, Nicolas Jackson, Leo Castledine and Zak Sturge.
Chukwuemeka's injury came at the wrong time as he was certainly pushing for a spot in Chelsea's starting lineup, having started their first two games in the Premier League.
The 19-year-old missed back-to-back games in the Premier League against Luton Town and Nottingham Forest, plus the League Cup win against AFC Wimbledon.
Photo Credit: chelseafc.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- CAF Team of the Year 2023: Osimhen joins Arsenal, Man Utd, Liverpool, West Ham players in ideal XI
- Osimhen sees off challenges from Liverpool and PSG stars to land African football's biggest individual prize
- CAF Awards 2023: Oshoala wins 6th POTY; Nnadozie Goalkeeper of the Year; Super Falcons best national team
- 'Gave Man Utd's back four a torrid time' - PL's record goalscorer hails Solanke for display at Old Trafford
- 'A great understanding with Osimhen' - Peseiro on similarities and differences between Lookman and Chukwueze
- Nwaneri trains with Arsenal first team pre-PSV after scoring five goals in FA Youth Cup clash
- CAF Awards 2023: Can Osimhen end Nigeria's 24-year wait for an African football king?
- 'We can do better' - Boniface reacts to Bayer's 1-1 draw against VfB Stuttgart
- Super Eagles-eligible defender agrees new long-term contract with Tottenham Hotspur
- Osimhen battles Saka, Mbappe, Messi, Ronaldo, 20 others for IFFHS Men's World Best Player 2023
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football