Ndidi did not hold talks with Nottingham Forest but Chelsea tried for him before takeoverPublished: September 05, 2023
The transfer window in most European countries closed for business on Friday, September 1, 2023, with Wilfred Ndidi staying put at Leicester City despite strong speculations linking him with a transfer to Nottingham Forest.
Forest had been in the market for a defensive midfielder and eventually sealed a deadline day move for Ivory Coast international Ibrahim Sangaré from PSV Eindhoven.
It was claimed that Nottingham Forest made a bid for the Nigeria international after the defensive midfielder had agreed personal terms with the two-time European champions, which would be akin to putting the cart before the horse.
Allnigeriasoccer.com can exclusively report that Leicester City did not give Ndidi the green light to discuss personal terms with Nottingham Forest and he wasn't informed of any bid, so no talks took place.
Chelsea had concrete interest in signing the Nath Boys product in the era of Russian oligarch Roman Abramovich but talks completely fell apart after the takeover of the club.
Chelsea, under the previous management, had an excellent relationship with Leicester, bringing in N'Golo Kante, Ben Chilwell and Danny Drinkwater.
For now, Ndidi is not thinking of a departure from Leicester City and is ready to see out his contract which expires on June 30, 2024, and another scenario could see him extend his stay at the King Power Stadium if he's offered a new deal.
The 26-year-old has registered 13 goals and 13 assists in 244 all-competition appearances for the Foxes.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- CAF Team of the Year 2023: Osimhen joins Arsenal, Man Utd, Liverpool, West Ham players in ideal XI
- Osimhen sees off challenges from Liverpool and PSG stars to land African football's biggest individual prize
- CAF Awards 2023: Oshoala wins 6th POTY; Nnadozie Goalkeeper of the Year; Super Falcons best national team
- 'Gave Man Utd's back four a torrid time' - PL's record goalscorer hails Solanke for display at Old Trafford
- 'A great understanding with Osimhen' - Peseiro on similarities and differences between Lookman and Chukwueze
- Nwaneri trains with Arsenal first team pre-PSV after scoring five goals in FA Youth Cup clash
- CAF Awards 2023: Can Osimhen end Nigeria's 24-year wait for an African football king?
- 'We can do better' - Boniface reacts to Bayer's 1-1 draw against VfB Stuttgart
- Super Eagles-eligible defender agrees new long-term contract with Tottenham Hotspur
- Osimhen battles Saka, Mbappe, Messi, Ronaldo, 20 others for IFFHS Men's World Best Player 2023
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football