Official: Three-time Czech First League champions loan in Enugu State native OkohPublished: September 06, 2023
With a statement on their official website, Czech club, FC Slovan Liberec have announced the signing of 20-year-old Nigerian striker Chidera Micheal Okoh.
The Enugu State native has joined the three-time Czech First League champions on loan from Maltese club Mosta FC until the end of the current campaign, with an option to buy included in the deal.
Slovan Liberec's sports director, Zdeněk Koukal, informed that Okoh has been signed on a temporary basis after impressing whilst on trial with the club in the summer.
Okoh, after the transfer was confirmed recounted his ordeal moving from Africa to Europe, stating his desire and readiness to impress at Liberec.
"The transition from Africa to Europe at such a young age was not easy for me. I am happy that I will work in Liberec," he said.
"It's a great chance for me to keep improving. I would like to make my way into the starting line-up and contribute to the team's success with my goals."
Liberec have struggled for goals this campaign, scoring 7 goals from their first seven games in the Czech top flight.
Okoh's transfer is expected to change the club's goalscoring fortunes due to his form for his past club Mosta. He scored 14 goals in 19 matches for the Maltese Premier League club.
For the remainder of the season, he will play with the number 21 jersey at Slovan Liberec.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- CAF Team of the Year 2023: Osimhen joins Arsenal, Man Utd, Liverpool, West Ham players in ideal XI
- Osimhen sees off challenges from Liverpool and PSG stars to land African football's biggest individual prize
- CAF Awards 2023: Oshoala wins 6th POTY; Nnadozie Goalkeeper of the Year; Super Falcons best national team
- 'Gave Man Utd's back four a torrid time' - PL's record goalscorer hails Solanke for display at Old Trafford
- 'A great understanding with Osimhen' - Peseiro on similarities and differences between Lookman and Chukwueze
- Nwaneri trains with Arsenal first team pre-PSV after scoring five goals in FA Youth Cup clash
- CAF Awards 2023: Can Osimhen end Nigeria's 24-year wait for an African football king?
- 'We can do better' - Boniface reacts to Bayer's 1-1 draw against VfB Stuttgart
- Super Eagles-eligible defender agrees new long-term contract with Tottenham Hotspur
- Osimhen battles Saka, Mbappe, Messi, Ronaldo, 20 others for IFFHS Men's World Best Player 2023
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football