Awoniyi's strikes against Arsenal and Man Utd nominated for Nottingham Forest's Goal of the MonthPublished: September 06, 2023
Super Eagles forward Taiwo Awoniyi's strikes against Arsenal and Manchester United on match day one and match day three of the Premier League have been nominated for Nottingham Forest's Goal of the Month award for August 2023.
Awoniyi scored Forest's only goal in their 2-1 loss to Arsenal on the opening weekend of the new Premier League season.
He bagged his goal in the 82nd minute when he slotted the ball into the net from Anthony Elanga's pass after a swift counter-attacking move.
The former Union Berlin striker also opened the scoring for Steve Cooper's side in their 3-2 loss to Manchester United.
The 26-year-old made a solo run from Forest's half into the penalty area before calmly dispatching the ball past the helpless Andre Onana.
Awoniyi's strikes are up against Chris Wood's brilliant header against Sheffield United, Charlotte Greengrass' goal for Nottingham Forest Women against Stourbridge and Detlef Esepa-Osong's goal for the club's development side against Arsenal U21s.
The Nigeria international has begun the campaign in excellent form for the two-time European champions scoring in all but one game so far in the Premier League.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- CAF Team of the Year 2023: Osimhen joins Arsenal, Man Utd, Liverpool, West Ham players in ideal XI
- Osimhen sees off challenges from Liverpool and PSG stars to land African football's biggest individual prize
- CAF Awards 2023: Oshoala wins 6th POTY; Nnadozie Goalkeeper of the Year; Super Falcons best national team
- 'Gave Man Utd's back four a torrid time' - PL's record goalscorer hails Solanke for display at Old Trafford
- 'A great understanding with Osimhen' - Peseiro on similarities and differences between Lookman and Chukwueze
- Nwaneri trains with Arsenal first team pre-PSV after scoring five goals in FA Youth Cup clash
- CAF Awards 2023: Can Osimhen end Nigeria's 24-year wait for an African football king?
- 'We can do better' - Boniface reacts to Bayer's 1-1 draw against VfB Stuttgart
- Super Eagles-eligible defender agrees new long-term contract with Tottenham Hotspur
- Osimhen battles Saka, Mbappe, Messi, Ronaldo, 20 others for IFFHS Men's World Best Player 2023
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football