Super Eagles-eligible midfielder wins Chelsea Goal of the Month award for AugustPublished: September 06, 2023
Super Eagles-eligible midfielder Carney Chukwuemeka has won his first Chelsea Goal of the Month award, beating England international Raheem Sterling, Nicolas Jackson, Leo Castledine and Zak Sturge to the accolade.
Chukwuemeka won the Goal of the Month award for August for his maiden Chelsea goal in a Premier League clash against West Ham United at the London Stadium on August 20, 2023.
In the 28th minute, Chukwuemeka, with a little drop of the shoulder, cut inside onto his right foot and hit an unstoppable drive past West Ham goalkeeper Alphonse Areola to restore parity for the visitors.
The Anglo-Nigerian starlet was replaced by Mykhailo Mudryk at the start of the second half after suffering an injury just before halftime.
Chukwuemeka's brilliant strike against the Hammers attracted 61 percent of the vote to place first, with Raheem Sterling's strike against Luton Town finishing in second place with 31 percent of the vote.
Sterling's second effort against the Hatters claimed third place and Jackson's goal, also against Luton Town, was in fourth place.
Chukwuemeka joined Chelsea from Aston Villa in August 2022, signing a six-year deal until June 30, 2028.
In total, the 19-year-old has made 17 appearances for the Blues in all competitions including four starts.
Photo Credit: chelseafc.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- CAF Team of the Year 2023: Osimhen joins Arsenal, Man Utd, Liverpool, West Ham players in ideal XI
- Osimhen sees off challenges from Liverpool and PSG stars to land African football's biggest individual prize
- CAF Awards 2023: Oshoala wins 6th POTY; Nnadozie Goalkeeper of the Year; Super Falcons best national team
- 'Gave Man Utd's back four a torrid time' - PL's record goalscorer hails Solanke for display at Old Trafford
- 'A great understanding with Osimhen' - Peseiro on similarities and differences between Lookman and Chukwueze
- Nwaneri trains with Arsenal first team pre-PSV after scoring five goals in FA Youth Cup clash
- CAF Awards 2023: Can Osimhen end Nigeria's 24-year wait for an African football king?
- 'We can do better' - Boniface reacts to Bayer's 1-1 draw against VfB Stuttgart
- Super Eagles-eligible defender agrees new long-term contract with Tottenham Hotspur
- Osimhen battles Saka, Mbappe, Messi, Ronaldo, 20 others for IFFHS Men's World Best Player 2023
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football