Spartak handed boost as 2013 AFCON winner Victor Moses returns to training after injuryPublished: September 08, 2023
Spartak Moscow have been handed a boost ahead of their next game in the Russian Premier League with their marquee player Victor Moses returning to training after a spell on the sidelines.
The Crystal Palace academy product was not called up for the last three games played by the Muscovites due to an undisclosed ailment.
Moses was unavailable for selection in back-to-back matches against Akhmat Grozny, Dynamo Moscow and Krasnodar.
For the second successive season, the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations winner was on target in Spartak Moscow's season opener and got playing time in three of their next four matches in the Premier League before suffering an injury.
Moses was linked with a departure from the Red and Whites in the summer transfer window but a deal is unlikely to happen as most European windows have closed for business.
The 32-year-old suffered an Achilles tendon injury in August 2022 which limited his appearances in the 2022-2023 campaign to 11 matches in all competitions.
Spartak Moscow could be losing the former Nigeria international for nothing at the end of the season if he does not sign a new deal, with his current contract expiring next summer.
Moses with be aiming to make his comeback from injury in Spartak's first game after the international break against Sochi.
Photo Credit : spartak.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Iheanacho scores another penalty for table-topping Leicester; Montpellier's Adams at the double
- Super Eagles forwards Moses Simon, Terem Moffi crack Ligue 1 Team of the Month
- 'The love for the badge is unwavering'- Osimhen insists he's committed to Napoli amid Chelsea, Man Utd links
- Quick and direct winger signs new contract with Chelsea
- Nottingham Forest fullback joins Super Eagles walking wounded ahead of Saudi Arabia friendly
- A bridge too far: Boniface unsuccessful in attempt to match Helmes feat but helps Bayer set new record
- Put me on the bench: Akpom tells Ajax coach he's unhappy playing as a No. 10 or winger
- 'Wasn't even a foul' - Ex-Liverpool fullback claims Tottenham star Udogie didn't deserve to be booked
- 'If he leaves in 6 months he will regret' - Ex-Napoli striker criticises Osimhen for not celebrating his goals
- 'I don't follow history' - Southampton loanee Onuachu admits he had no idea he set a record
- Football Betting
- Cakhia TV truc tiep
- Socolive TV truc tiep bong da
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football