Trabzonspor choose to sign Paul Onuachu over Nottingham Forest striker DennisPublished: September 08, 2023
Turkish Super Lig club Trabzonspor are reportedly in advanced talks to sign out of favour Southampton forward Paul Onuachu.
According to Sportitalia and Sky Sport Italia journalist Rudy Galetti, Trabzonspor are closing in on a deal to sign Onuachu and a full agreement is expected to be reached for the lanky striker in the coming hours.
Galetti added that Nottingham Forest striker Emmanuel Dennis was also a transfer target for Trabzonspor before they opted to sign his international teammate.
Onuachu moved to the Premier League in January, joining Southampton on a three-and-a-half-year deal but has failed to replicate his performances for Racing Genk, where he mustered 85 goals in 134 appearances.
He was also an influential player for FC Midtjylland with 97 goal contributions (74 goals, 23 assists) in 179 matches.
It is unlikely that Trabzonspor will be able to afford the striker's transfer fee, considering the fact that Southampton acquired him for a fee of 18 million euros.
The 6 foot 7 inch striker has yet to make his Championship debut in the new season amid speculation surrounding his future, and was a second half substitute against Gillingham in the League Cup.
Meanwhile, another Nigerian striker linked with Trabzonspor, David Okereke is no longer interested in leaving Cremonese this month whether or not his asking price is met.
Okereke will re-evaluate his options in January 2024 when the transfer market reopens.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Cameroon 0 Nigeria 0: Echegini's goal ruled out as Super Falcons forced to goalless draw in Olympic qualifier
- Troost-Ekong namechecks two Super Eagles players behind his decision not to quit national team pre-AFCON
- 'One of the best players in the world' - Saudi Pro League target Troost-Ekong fancies playing with Ronaldo
- Ohale v Onguene: The key battle that could decide Super Falcons' clash against Indomitable Lionesses
- Super Eagles-eligible striker tight-lipped on future amid Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United links
- Seamless betting: How to use a single bonus across casino and sports
- Everything you need to know about Super Falcons mouthwatering clash against Indomitable Lionesses
- Super Eagles' AFCON star Lookman training on his own ahead of AC Milan v Atalanta
- 'One of our best players' - Leicester coach provides injury update on Super Eagles midfielder Ndidi
- Premier League and Serie A calling: Is it time for Boniface to bid farewell to Bayer Leverkusen?
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football