'My twin brother' - Super Eagles GK gives hilarious response on resemblance with Man Utd starPublished: September 08, 2023
Nigeria international Adebayo Adeleye has admitted his resemblance with Manchester United goalkeeper André Onana.
The Hapoel Jerusalem shot stopper's admission to resembling the Red Devils' number 24 stems from the widely accepted assertion that they look alike.
Besides sharing a physical resemblance with the former Ajax goalkeeper, Adeleye would also like to emulate his elite ball-playing skill set.
Onana joined Manchester United in the just-concluded transfer window with his ball-playing skillset being one of the reasons behind his acquisition.
He played a vital role in Inter Milan reaching the final of the UEFA Champions League last season, keeping the most clean sheets in the competition.
With the departure of David de Gea, the Cameroon international has become the undisputed Manchester United first choise goalkeeper.
Adeleye has disclosed that he knew people compared him to Onana and the need to be a ball-playing goalkeeper like the Cameroonian.
"I don't know, that's what people say that we look alike but I think so. My twin brother," Adeleye said to Football Fans Tribe.
"The world and the game changes everyday so we just need to adapt to this system and play what the coach wants and play to instructions.
"To play the kind of style is good and it helps me a lot, and I feel good each time so it's good that I am great."
The 23-year-old will be hoping to make it back-to-back appearances for Nigeria when they the three-time African champions face São Tomé and Príncipe in the final game of the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations qualification campaign on Sunday.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Shoretire battles Garnacho, Fernandes, 6 others for Manchester United Goal of the Month
- Iwobi's brilliant effort against favourite PL opponents nominated for Fulham Goal of the Month
- Victor Boniface: Juventus target Bundesliga star as possible replacement for Arsenal-linked striker Vlahovic
- Two teenagers of Nigerian descent promoted to Arsenal first team training pre-Wolves
- Dessers struggling to make an impact: Ex-Scotland star insists Rangers must sign a striker in January
- Blow to the jaw: Arsenal-owned goalkeeper Okonkwo to be assessed ahead of Wrexham v Yeovil Town
- Official: Chelsea confirm two talented midfielders have signed new deals
- Nottingham Forest's Goal of the Month award : Aina's first-time finish against Aston Villa nominated
- 101 Gunners goalscorers at the Emirates: Iwobi scored same number of goals as Arsenal legend Henry
- Watch: Gift Orban among four contenders for UEFA Europa Conference League Goal of the Week
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football