'I'm actually going abroad' - Super Falcons star Plumptre ends rumours linking her with Man UtdPublished: September 11, 2023
Nigeria's 2023 Fifa Women's World Cup star, Ashleigh Plumptre has ended speculation linking her with a transfer to Manchester United after revealing that she has agreed terms to play for a foreign club coached by a woman.
Plumptre will be joining her new team as a free agent, having departed Leicester City following the expiry of her contract at the King Power Stadium at the end of last season.
It was sensationally claimed that Manchester United were on the verge of securing the signing of the Super Falcons star after her imperious displays at the 2023 Women's World Cup.
Plumptre confessed that she initially didn't want to move to her new club but had a change of heart after a conversation with the coach.
The left-footed centre-back has ventured abroad in the past, donning the colours of USC Trojans and LA Galaxy OC in the United States before returning to England to play for Leicester City, and she's excited about what the future holds.
Speaking to EaglesTracker, Plumptre said: "I cannot reveal the team yet because it has not been announced. The team I'm going to is the same thing I kind of just spoke about in terms of my reason for playing for Nigeria. The team I've chosen I was completely sold by the coach.
"I wasn't actually interested in the team initially. When my dad brought it up to me I was like no I don't have interest in going genuinely. And then I had a call with the coach and we spoke about the things I just said.
"We spoke about more than football, the things that we want to do in football, the impact I want to have, the connections that I want to make. Where I'm going completely aligns with who I am. It will be difficult but I'm excited."
Plumptre continued: "I am actually going abroad. I guess some people don't think that because there's been a lot of rumours.
"Making the trip to play abroad again, be away from my family is obviously a big thing but I have a lot of fire in my belly about what I want to do with the people that I believe in like my coaches.
"I love her, I think she's incredible and I can't wait to play for her and meet my new teammates who I've never met before."
In her three-year association with Leicester City, former Notts County star Plumptre registered 79 appearances in all competitions for the Foxes.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Iheanacho scores another penalty for table-topping Leicester; Montpellier's Adams at the double
- Super Eagles forwards Moses Simon, Terem Moffi crack Ligue 1 Team of the Month
- 'The love for the badge is unwavering'- Osimhen insists he's committed to Napoli amid Chelsea, Man Utd links
- Quick and direct winger signs new contract with Chelsea
- Nottingham Forest fullback joins Super Eagles walking wounded ahead of Saudi Arabia friendly
- A bridge too far: Boniface unsuccessful in attempt to match Helmes feat but helps Bayer set new record
- Put me on the bench: Akpom tells Ajax coach he's unhappy playing as a No. 10 or winger
- 'Wasn't even a foul' - Ex-Liverpool fullback claims Tottenham star Udogie didn't deserve to be booked
- 'If he leaves in 6 months he will regret' - Ex-Napoli striker criticises Osimhen for not celebrating his goals
- 'I don't follow history' - Southampton loanee Onuachu admits he had no idea he set a record
- Football Betting
- Cakhia TV truc tiep
- Socolive TV truc tiep bong da
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football