Madueke reveals what has impressed him about Chelsea manager PochettinoPublished: September 13, 2023
England U21 international of Nigerian descent, Noni Madueke has praised Chelsea manager Mauricio Pochettino for the impact he has made since his arrival at the club.
The Argentine tactician became Chelsea boss with effect from July 1, replacing Graham Potter who was sacked in April following a poor run of results.
Madueke could not make his debut under his new boss during the preseason having picked up an injury and had to wait till the second matchday of the Premier League to make his debut.
The Super Eagles-eligible forward featured off the bench in Chelsea's 3-1 loss to West Ham, coming on in the 75th minute as a replacement for Conor Gallagher.
The 21-year-old has revealed what has impressed him about the former Tottenham Hotspur manager and the camaraderie in the squad.
"He's tough with me, but I probably need that," Madueke said to Chelsea's official website.
'He's transparent as well which is really important, to know where you stand and what he expects from you. He knows when to be really tough with me and when to put an arm around me. I can't fault him.
"He's a really good man manager. He's created a culture where we are brothers off the pitch. It helps we have a young squad so we are with each other a lot anyway. We are lucky to have him."
Madueke has totaled 3 appearances for Chelsea under Pochettino with two being as a second-half substitute in the Premier League and one as a starter in the Carabao Cup.
The Anglo-Nigerian forward was impressive for England U21s in their 3-0 win over Luxembourg in the 2025 Euro U21 qualifiers and will be hoping he gets his first Premier League start this season when Chelsea face Bournemouth on Sunday at the Vitality Stadium.
Photo Credit: chelseafc.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Shoretire battles Garnacho, Fernandes, 6 others for Manchester United Goal of the Month
- Iwobi's brilliant effort against favourite PL opponents nominated for Fulham Goal of the Month
- Victor Boniface: Juventus target Bundesliga star as possible replacement for Arsenal-linked striker Vlahovic
- Two teenagers of Nigerian descent promoted to Arsenal first team training pre-Wolves
- Dessers struggling to make an impact: Ex-Scotland star insists Rangers must sign a striker in January
- Blow to the jaw: Arsenal-owned goalkeeper Okonkwo to be assessed ahead of Wrexham v Yeovil Town
- Official: Chelsea confirm two talented midfielders have signed new deals
- Nottingham Forest's Goal of the Month award : Aina's first-time finish against Aston Villa nominated
- 101 Gunners goalscorers at the Emirates: Iwobi scored same number of goals as Arsenal legend Henry
- Watch: Gift Orban among four contenders for UEFA Europa Conference League Goal of the Week
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football