Chukwuemeka, Ugochukwu among 8 players of Nigerian descent named in Chelsea's PL squadPublished: September 13, 2023
Through their official website, the Premier League have published the 25-man squad for Chelsea for the 2023/2024 season.
The rules permit every club to name a 25-man group of players, of which not more than 17 must be overseas players with the remaining 8 slots left for homegrown players.
In the aforementioned list for the Blues, the club have excluded first-teamers and Super Eagles-eligible players Lesley Ugochukwu, Carney Chukwuemeka and Noni Madueke.
However, the trio were listed among the U21 player having been born after January 1, 2002.
They were joined by youth players Somtochukwu Boniface, Tyrique George, Chinonso Chibueze, Saheed Olagunju and Richard Olise.
Since the start of the new Premier League season, Madueke, Chukwuemeka and Ugochukwu have made 2 appearances for Chelsea.
The London-based club have played four games so far and have been able to amass four points.
They face Bournemouth at the Vitality Stadium in their first Premier League encounter after the international break.
Photo Credit: chelseafc.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Peseiro's pre-match wish on Lookman comes true: Atalanta striker fires brace in 3-2 win against AC Milan
- FA Youth Cup: Nwaneri scores five goals to inspire Arsenal to 7-1 win against Crewe Alexandra
- Super Eagles watch: Ninth goal involvement for Ndidi; Dessers powerful strike; Ejuke gets his groove back
- 'It looks very nasty' - Michael Owen insists Onyeka was lucky to escape red card against Sheffield United
- 'My parents are proud Nigerians' - Premier League's fastest player reveals he considered playing for Super Eagles
- 'Declan Rice, Grealish chose England over Ireland' - Pundit on the international future of Arsenal striker Obi-Martin
- 'We have Adeleye, Ojo, Sochima' - Peseiro's sidekick urges Super Eagles coach to give chances to invitees
- 'I had an opportunity to get a hat-trick' - Iwobi admits he wanted to stay on against Nottingham Forest
- Nigerian tactician Hassan Sulaiman leads Chelsea into fourth round of FA Youth Cup
- 'Martial is a waste of space' - Ex-Chelsea star urges Man Utd to sign Boniface when 25 percent stake is sold
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football