Nottingham Forest PL squad: Dennis axed; Chelsea alum Aina, Liverpool product Awoniyi HGPPublished: September 14, 2023
Nottingham Forest has confirmed its finalized Premier League squad list for the first half of the 2023-2024 season with two Super Eagles stars in the shape of Ola Aina and Taiwo Awoniyi named on the roster.
The two-time European champions have hinted that a third Nigeria international, Emmanuel Dennis is surplus to requirements for the new season despite being contracted to the City Ground outfit until June 30, 2026.
Dennis will not figure for the Reds in the first half of the season as he has not been included in the squad list.
A day before the close of the Turkish transfer window, the former Watford and Club Brugge forward has been linked with possible moves to Super Lig duo Adana Demirspor and Istanbul Başakşehir.
Dennis' last appearance in the Premier League was against Crystal Palace on the final day of the 2022-2023 campaign.
Although Aina and Awoniyi are Nigeria internationals. the duo have been classed as home grown players (HGP) on Nottingham Forest's Premier League roster having spent the formative years of their careers at Chelsea and Liverpool respectively.
A 'Home Grown Player' means a player who, irrespective of nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to The Football Association or the Football Association of Wales for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons, or 36 months, before his 21st birthday (or the end of the season during which he turns 21).
Aina joined Nottingham Forest on a free transfer in the summer transfer window and has played in three of the four Premier League matches contested by Steve Cooper's side, while Awoniyi has been involved in all of them with three goals to his name.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Muscle tear injury: Chelsea midfielder Ugochukwu will not show off to dad at Old Trafford
- 'I've had many African players Yobo and Yakubu' - West Ham boss on being without some players during AFCON
- Tottenham vs West Ham prediction: Can West Ham upset Tottenham's top-four ambitions?
- Fabrizio Romano not convinced Chelsea target Osimhen is close to signing a new deal with Napoli
- Bundesliga transfer expert confirms Nigerian striker will sign a contract with Eintracht Frankfurt until 2028
- 'We're losing a lot of players' - Nottingham Forest boss aware Aina, 5 others could be heading to the AFCON
- Nigerian goalkeeper Arthur Okonkwo temporarily returns to parent club Arsenal
- FA Youth Cup: Two players of Nigerian descent on target for Tottenham Hotspur in win against Brentford
- German manager reveals Eintracht Frankfurt offered N17.3b to sign Gift Orban in the summer
- Confirmed team news: Three Super Eagles-eligible players ruled out of Manchester United v Chelsea
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football