Official: Super Eagles-eligible striker signs new deal with BournemouthPublished: September 14, 2023
With a statement on their official website, Bournemouth have announced that Super Eagles-eligible striker Dominic Solanke has committed his future to the club.
The statement revealed that he has signed a new four-year contract which will keep him at the Vitality Stadium till 2027.
Solanke joined the Cherries in the 2019 January transfer window from Liverpool and has played a vital role for the club since then.
The 26-year-old would play a vital role in Bournemouth regaining promotion to the Premier League in the 2021/2022 season, bagging 29 goals and seven assists and was named in the Sky Bet Championship Team of the Season.
The former Liverpool striker also helped Bournemouth preserve their Premier League status last season, registering 13 goal involvements in 33 appearances.
It is no surprise that the Cherries' Chief Executive Neill Blake has expressed his delight with the decision of the former England youth international to sign a new contract with the club.
"We're thrilled to have someone with such calibre as Dom commit his future to the club having already enjoyed many successful moments together," Blake stated.
"He's a player and a person that we value extremely highly both on and off the pitch and we're excited to continue working with him.
"I'm thoroughly looking forward to seeing what the next few years have in store and I'm sure together we can continue our success at the highest level of football."
Solanke has also started this season excellently in the Premier League, registering 2 goals and 1 assist in 4 appearances.
Since moving to the Vitality Stadium, he has totaled 179 appearances across all competitions for Bournemouth and has mustered 58 goals and twenty-eight assists.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Shoretire battles Garnacho, Fernandes, 6 others for Manchester United Goal of the Month
- Iwobi's brilliant effort against favourite PL opponents nominated for Fulham Goal of the Month
- Victor Boniface: Juventus target Bundesliga star as possible replacement for Arsenal-linked striker Vlahovic
- Two teenagers of Nigerian descent promoted to Arsenal first team training pre-Wolves
- Dessers struggling to make an impact: Ex-Scotland star insists Rangers must sign a striker in January
- Blow to the jaw: Arsenal-owned goalkeeper Okonkwo to be assessed ahead of Wrexham v Yeovil Town
- Official: Chelsea confirm two talented midfielders have signed new deals
- Nottingham Forest's Goal of the Month award : Aina's first-time finish against Aston Villa nominated
- 101 Gunners goalscorers at the Emirates: Iwobi scored same number of goals as Arsenal legend Henry
- Watch: Gift Orban among four contenders for UEFA Europa Conference League Goal of the Week
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football