Fulham new boy Iwobi involved in full training, Bassey delighted to reunite with Super Eagles teammatePublished: September 14, 2023
Alex Iwobi trained fully with his new Fulham teammates on Thursday ahead of their Premier League meeting with Luton Town.
The Nigeria national teamer ended his four-year association with Everton on deadline day after putting pen to paper on a five-year contract with the Cottagers until June 30, 2028.
Before his move to the London club, Iwobi was not called up for Everton's matches against Wolverhampton Wanderers in the Premier League and Doncaster Rovers in the League Cup as he was recovering from a hamstring injury he suffered at Aston Villa on August 20.
Injury or not, Iwobi was ineligible to make his Fulham debut against Manchester City as his transfer was not completed in time for him to be named in the traveling squad to the Etihad Stadium.
The injury prevented him from adding to his 63 international caps for the Super Eagles when they took on São Tomé and Príncipe in a 2023 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier at the Godswill Akpabio International Stadium on Sunday.
Iwobi has seemingly recovered from the injury, given that he participated in all the activities during the training session without any issues.
The Hale End Academy product was involved in running exercises and also worked with the ball during the rondo session.
Calvin Bassey, back from Super Eagles duty, was immensely delighted to reunite with his international teammate Iwobi.
As soon as Bassey spotted Iwobi, the central defender gave him a big hug and briefly chatted with him before the start of the season.
Fulham boss Marco Silva will observe Iwobi on Friday again before deciding whether or not to include him in the matchday squad for the visit of the Hatters.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Shoretire battles Garnacho, Fernandes, 6 others for Manchester United Goal of the Month
- Iwobi's brilliant effort against favourite PL opponents nominated for Fulham Goal of the Month
- Victor Boniface: Juventus target Bundesliga star as possible replacement for Arsenal-linked striker Vlahovic
- Two teenagers of Nigerian descent promoted to Arsenal first team training pre-Wolves
- Dessers struggling to make an impact: Ex-Scotland star insists Rangers must sign a striker in January
- Blow to the jaw: Arsenal-owned goalkeeper Okonkwo to be assessed ahead of Wrexham v Yeovil Town
- Official: Chelsea confirm two talented midfielders have signed new deals
- Nottingham Forest's Goal of the Month award : Aina's first-time finish against Aston Villa nominated
- 101 Gunners goalscorers at the Emirates: Iwobi scored same number of goals as Arsenal legend Henry
- Watch: Gift Orban among four contenders for UEFA Europa Conference League Goal of the Week
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football