Bayern v Bayer: Statistics show that Boniface is better than Kane in new Bundesliga seasonPublished: September 15, 2023
Super Eagles forward Victor Boniface and Tottenham icon Harry Kane have been two of the standout performers in the Bundesliga this season, with the former notching 4 goals, and 2 assists while the latter has 3 goals and 1 assist.
Both were both nominated for August's Player of the Month but the Nigerian striker beat the English forward and other nominees to the award
Boniface and Kane face each other for the first time tonight when Bayern Munich host Bayern Leverkusen at the Allianz Arena in matchday four of the Bundesliga.
Ahead of the encounter, let's take a look into how the two fearsome strikers have begun their Bundesliga careers.
Boniface has netted 4 goals in 3 games while Kane has 3 which indicates that the former Royale Union Saint-Gilloise striker has more goals per 90 minutes(1.36) than the Bayern Munich star (1.03)
The Nigerian striker also edges his English counterpart for goal contributions per 90 minutes with Fbref.com calculating the former goal contributions to be 2.04 while the latter has 1.37.
Boniface and Kane are at par with goals from shots on target which is 0.50 apiece but the Super Eagles forward has outperformed his expected goals (1.2) than the Three Lions record top scorer ( 0.1)
It is worthy of note that the Bayern Leverkusen forward besides boasting more assists has also been involved in more attacking sequence than Kane.
The proof lies in the fact that Boniface's 3.74 shot-creating actions per game (the last two offensive actions, a shot, pass or dribble before a shot is taken) is more than Kane who has 2.06.
It will also interest you to know that Boniface has been more involved in the build-up than Kane which shows that he is not a mere poacher.
He has recorded more touches (127) more carries( 75 ) and more carries into the final third (7 ) than the Bayern Munich number 9, whose stats for these metrics are 83, 50 and 2 respectively.
The fact Boniface has played just 3 more minutes than Kane makes the above comparison fair.
The above argument is not suggesting that Boniface is a better striker than Kane but to elucidate and prove how fantastic the Bayern Leverkusen forward has been since the start of this campaign.
If the Nigeria-born striker can maintain his consistency which will also be determined by that of his teammates, he could be challenging the former Tottenham striker for the Torjägerkanone, the Bundesliga's top scorer award at the end of the season.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Key stat shows dogged Tottenham left-back Udogie is the dirtiest player in the Premier League this season
- Iheanacho scores another penalty for table-topping Leicester; Montpellier's Adams at the double
- Super Eagles forwards Moses Simon, Terem Moffi crack Ligue 1 Team of the Month
- 'The love for the badge is unwavering'- Osimhen insists he's committed to Napoli amid Chelsea, Man Utd links
- Quick and direct winger signs new contract with Chelsea
- Nottingham Forest fullback joins Super Eagles walking wounded ahead of Saudi Arabia friendly
- A bridge too far: Boniface unsuccessful in attempt to match Helmes feat but helps Bayer set new record
- Put me on the bench: Akpom tells Ajax coach he's unhappy playing as a No. 10 or winger
- 'Wasn't even a foul' - Ex-Liverpool fullback claims Tottenham star Udogie didn't deserve to be booked
- 'If he leaves in 6 months he will regret' - Ex-Napoli striker criticises Osimhen for not celebrating his goals
- Football Betting
- Cakhia TV truc tiep
- Socolive TV truc tiep bong da
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football