Arsenal add Nwaneri, Ejeheri, Azeez to UCL squad via List B; jersey numbers revealedPublished: September 20, 2023
Manager Mikel Arteta has supplemented Arsenal's UEFA Champions League squad with three Nigeria-eligible players ahead of their opening fixture in Group B against PSV Eindhoven.
2023 Flying Eagles invitee Ovie Ejeheri has been added to the roster via the List B and the goalkeeper is joined by attacking midfielder Ethan Nwaneri and central midfielder Miguel Azeez.
Clubs are entitled to register an unlimited number of players on List B during the season, but the list needs to be submitted no later than 24:00 CET the day before a match.
Ejeheri, Nwaneri and Azeez are eligible to be named in the matchday squad in tonight's showdown against PSV Eindhoven as they are classed as U21 players and have been on the books of Arsenal for more than three years.
Ejeheri has been assigned the number 48 jersey, while Nwaneri and Azeez have been allocated number 63 and 39 respectively.
None of the aforementioned players of Nigerian descent were spotted in the training ground photos during the Gunners' final workout at London Colney on Tuesday.
Azeez has played one game in European competition, against Dundalk in the group stage of the Europa League in December 2020 - his only appearance for the first team to date.
Nwaneri is one of two teenagers of Nigerian descent named in Arsenal's squad for the UEFA Youth League, the other being Daniel Oyetunde who is also a first year scholar.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- CAF Team of the Year 2023: Osimhen joins Arsenal, Man Utd, Liverpool, West Ham players in ideal XI
- Osimhen sees off challenges from Liverpool and PSG stars to land African football's biggest individual prize
- CAF Awards 2023: Oshoala wins 6th POTY; Nnadozie Goalkeeper of the Year; Super Falcons best national team
- 'Gave Man Utd's back four a torrid time' - PL's record goalscorer hails Solanke for display at Old Trafford
- 'A great understanding with Osimhen' - Peseiro on similarities and differences between Lookman and Chukwueze
- Nwaneri trains with Arsenal first team pre-PSV after scoring five goals in FA Youth Cup clash
- CAF Awards 2023: Can Osimhen end Nigeria's 24-year wait for an African football king?
- 'We can do better' - Boniface reacts to Bayer's 1-1 draw against VfB Stuttgart
- Super Eagles-eligible defender agrees new long-term contract with Tottenham Hotspur
- Osimhen battles Saka, Mbappe, Messi, Ronaldo, 20 others for IFFHS Men's World Best Player 2023
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football