North London derby: Arsenal icon looking forward to seeing Tottenham rising star Udogie in personPublished: September 21, 2023
Arsenal legend Ian Wright has said that he can't wait to see Tottenham's rising star Destiny Udogie play in person.
The Italian-Nigerian left-back has been one of the standout players in the Premier League this season, operating on the left flank of Tottenham's defence.
After a string of impressive performances, he has undoubtedly become one of the first names on Ange Postecoglou's team sheet and has been vital to Spurs' nearly flawless start to the season.
The 20-year-old has earned a new fan in Wright who has revealed that he can't wait to see the talented full-back live in action.
The Premier League Hall of Famer also believes that the performance of the Super Eagles-eligible left-back has gone under the radar and that he deserves more recognition.
"You know someone who has to get some love as well for going under the radar, Udogie," Wright said on Wrighty's House Podcast via The Boot Room.
"You watch Spurs and they have put together some players that you look at and think it's a team that are shutting up everything.
"He has given them a stability and a progression of the ball that is very impressive. The man is going under the radar.
"I cannot wait to see this guy, I can't wait to see him live."
The 59-year-old will have the opportunity to watch him live this weekend when Tottenham face Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium in the first North London Derby of the 2023-2024 season.
Udogie has started all of Spurs' five 5 Premier League games so far and has recorded 2 assists.
Photo Credit: tottenhamhotspur.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Super Eagles-eligible winger joins Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham stars in BBC's PL TOTW
- Gift Orban shows he's more than a goalscorer in Gent's 2-2 draw with Genk
- Fifa U17 World Cup: Germany's Brunner follows in the footsteps of Iheanacho; Ruberto emulates Osimhen
- Chukwuemeka sends message to Colwill as England defender scores first-ever goal for Chelsea
- Boniface ends 518-minute Bundesliga goal drought to help Bayer Leverkusen remain unbeaten
- Udogie features in six-goal thriller between Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur
- Nigerian player scores against Scottish champions Celtic for the second matchday running
- Transfer guru Romano tells Chelsea what to do in order to tempt Napoli to sell Osimhen in January
- 'It was a big moment for me' - Super Eagles striker reacts after first goal in West Brom colours
- 'He's often in the right place' - 1988 European Championship winner Kieft praises Ajax super-sub Akpom
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football